ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish grandmother doesn't have a birth certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joebongo
Newly Registered

Irish grandmother doesn't have a birth certificate

Post by joebongo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to escape the mess the UK is in and take myself and my family to Ireland however when trawling for her birth certificate I see her on the 1911 census but no birth certificate is available for her.

So she could be one of the children where the first name was registered as "Female" but I suspect the authorities won't take such a birth certificate as being valid to show my link to Ireland.

Any advice anyone?

tuathanach

Re: Irish grandmother doesn't have a birth certificate

Post by tuathanach » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi there,
Can I ask where or how you found out that no birth certificate for her exists? Did the HSE inform you of this?

joebongo
Newly Registered

Re: Irish grandmother doesn't have a birth certificate

Post by joebongo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi,

It was just a case of running through the process of searching on names to locate the indexes required to order the relevant certificates which I've done for my birth, parents births and marraige etc.

When I came to grandma, no results came back but there's a "Female" in the right place in the right year which makes me think there's a high probability it's her as she has the right surname too.