ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about ‘family of a settled person’ visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pranetha
Newly Registered

Queries about ‘family of a settled person’ visa

Post by Pranetha » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello

I have a few queries regarding the 'family of a settled person' visa. I will be applying for my ILR set (LR) in person on the 6th of FEB. My husband is currently in Malaysia and we have been married for a year.

1) Could I furnish my bank statements to prove the 18600 income? Would I also need to furnish my pay slips?

2) I have only been in my new job since September and I get a gross income of 2300 per month; hence my category A would only be based on 5 months salary. I was doing a PhD before my job and used to receive a stipend of 1500 pounds (Category C). Also I have no income to show for the month of August and September as I was job hunting after my PhD and joined my new job in September (paid end of september). Would I be able to combine cat A and C? Also will the 2 month no income affect the application?

3) Since my Husband is malaysian, he can visit UK for a period of 3 months without requiring a visit visa. SO would he be able to apply for this visa from here when he comes to visit or would he have to apply for this from Malaysia?

Thank you in advance!!

Cheers
Pranetha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries about ‘family of a settled person’ visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Pranetha wrote:Hello

I have a few queries regarding the 'family of a settled person' visa. I will be applying for my ILR set (LR) in person on the 6th of FEB. My husband is currently in Malaysia and we have been married for a year.

1) Could I furnish my bank statements to prove the 18600 income? Would I also need to furnish my pay slips? It is mandatory to submit your payslips and bank statements - 6 months for both. If you fail to provide the payslips, the application will be refused.

2) I have only been in my new job since September and I get a gross income of 2300 per month; hence my category A would only be based on 5 months salary. I was doing a PhD before my job and used to receive a stipend of 1500 pounds (Category C). Also I have no income to show for the month of August and September as I was job hunting after my PhD and joined my new job in September (paid end of september). Would I be able to combine cat A and C? Also will the 2 month no income affect the application? Not sure. But likely easier if you wait till you have 6 months payslips and bank statements.

3) Since my Husband is malaysian, he can visit UK for a period of 3 months without requiring a visit visa. SO would he be able to apply for this visa from here when he comes to visit or would he have to apply for this from Malaysia? No he cannot. A visitor is unable to switch to ANY other visa category while on visitor status. He will have to return to Malaysia and apply from there.

Thank you in advance!!

Cheers
Pranetha
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.