ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit -need advise ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MaritaO
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit -need advise ?

Post by MaritaO » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:16 am

I'm from Latvia( EEA),live with my daughter Uk from 2008,have permanent job full time from 2010,don't have resident card yet because advised by someone to apply when my husband will be here .Meet my husband who is Bosnian(non EEA) in 2014 , married in August 2016 in Bosnia ,traveling twice in year to spend time with him to Bosnia ,because i don't have so many holidays from work and everything have to plan with my daughters school holidays.
Before we married my husband tried apply for Visitor ,just want come to see how everything is in Uk,because i don't want to move to Bosnia -there were a number of difficulties for me and my daughter. To live together he have to move to Uk- this is the only practical option for us to be together. Visa was refused-1.reason was he had provided insufficient information about his financial circumstances,2.that he had provided certain supporting documents without a translation. But fundamental problem was that he completed his application without professional help and no good English knowledge and how its works.

We want apply for EEA Family Permit, I Have done :
-He passport
-Letter from me -explaining us situation,us weddings,us relationships.
-Previous he Visit Visa refusal letter.
-Application form online .
-My passport copy approved official .
-My bank statements about regular income.
-Letter from my bank.
-My wage slips.
-Employers letter - my position,salary and how long i working.
- Contract of Employment.
-Letter from landlord,tenancy agreement.
-Evidence of us relationships- fly tickets,money transfers both sides,photos,wedding photos,Skype ,Whats App,Face Book conversations.
-Marriage certificate with official approved translation.
-Letters from my friends,he friends.
-My P60 to proof that i leaved here from 2008,but don't hold yet resident card.
-Letter from Bosnia translated and approved translation that he don't have criminal records.

Do i need anything else ,or its enough? Or there need anything else. And what about financial information ? Some says that i need just send 3 bank statements ,some say i need 6 month,the same about my wage slips. Do i need be certain amount in my account or certain income ?

Thank You very much .

secret.simon

Re: EEA Family Permit -need advise ?

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 am

What you need (as a minimum) is

a) Proof of your EEA citizenship
-Your Latvian passport

b) Proof that you are exercising treaty rights in the UK
-Were you registered for WRS when you started working in the UK? If so, your WRS certificate
-Your P60s till date, and salary slips for the current financial year
-Employer letter stating designation and salary may come in handy, but not strictly necessary

c) Proof of your husband's identity
-His Bosnian passport

d) Proof of your relationship
-Marriage certificate with official translation

e) Application form with appropriate fee payment.

I believe that all else is superfluous and may only complicate the application.

Can the mods please move this thread to the EEA Route applications forum?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

MaritaO
Newly Registered

Post by MaritaO » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:57 am

e) Application form with appropriate fee payment? An EEA family permit is free( https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview) Do i understand something wrong?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:23 am

If it's free, then the appropriate fee payment should be zero.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.