ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Category B Financial questions...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samanthadhyne
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa Category B Financial questions...

Post by samanthadhyne » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi all,
Hoping for some clarification here. Long story short I had planned to apply for a spousal visa under Category A, but am thinking I may be able to under B, which time wise woulld obviously be preferable.

Moved to UK in July (UK citizen, 3 UK citizen children, US husband) I planned on getting a job that paid 18600 a year, husband would 'visit' for 6 months, return to US, apply for visa etc.
EXCEPT, I could not get a job paying enough......

Just started a second job to bring income up enough, so could wait 6 months (now without hubby) or does anyone think Category B might work based on....

Ok so here is my income situation for the last 12 months if I were to apply March 1st

March 2016 to July 2016 11200 pounds in the USA (salaried position I was in got over a year at the equivalent of 28000 pounds a year)

August to November 2016 salaried job in the UK making 1600 pounds a year

December to February 2017 salaried job of 15500

January and February part time and overtime income of about 500 a month, bring me to the required 1550 a month.

My totals come to about 20000 pounds gross for those 12 months, is the fact that it's several different jobs and 2 countries going to be a problem? And can I include income from February 2016?

samanthadhyne
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Category B Financial questions...

Post by samanthadhyne » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks!

jasonw
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Category B Financial questions...

Post by jasonw » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Samantha,

I also have a CatB question at the moment and it seems that people are unsure of this category so I have not had any response from this or any other site.

So I believe there are 2 parts in order to qualify for Cat B, 1. is that I should be in salaried employment at the time of application and 2. the person must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement.

I can only answer some of your question. I am not sure about income from 2 different countries. However, for Cat B, you would need to provide payslips and income details for the past 12 months. Therefore you should include your income from Feb 2016 if you are applying this month.

I hope this helps.