ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP)partner route 1st extension British partner claiming

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thomas13
Newly Registered

FLR(FP)partner route 1st extension British partner claiming

Post by Thomas13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:56 am

I was granted flr (fp) 2.5 on basis of British partner and British child in 2014.My extension is due in November 2016 my wife is claiming housing benefit child tax credit council tax reduction and child benefit as she work part time I have recently lost my
job and unemployed All the benefits have our joint name but I have enquirey them they say my wife is main claimaint as British citizen and my name is there as couple .
IMMIGRATION HISTORY
(2005 arrive uk tourist overstay 2010 relationship started moved together applied 2010 flr(o)refused applied reconsideration pending till JUdicial review challenge 2013 refused again right of appeal court 2014 granted visa under D-lTRP 1.2 appended Fm 2.5 10 year route no resource public fund)

1.Will this effect my application for flr (fp) extension ?
2.Will this be counted as myself claiming public fund(brp say no public fund)?
3.Is my application straight forward for premium service I have all relevant documents bills etc?
4.my visa was granted after 2012 though applied on 2010 refused pending reconsideration till JR challenge 2013.
(A) did my applications would been decided on old rules as it was applied before 2012 or new rules ?
5. Has anybody with recent flr fp extension with partner claiming public fund share their experiences

Thomas13
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP)partner route 1st extension British partner claim

Post by Thomas13 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

Any members plz answer my queries will be very obliged for help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Child benefit in your wife's name ONLY.

Tax credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names.

HB should be single plus child rate ONLY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thomas13
Newly Registered

Post by Thomas13 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks for reply I really appreciate your kind help
1 child benefit her name only
2 wtc and ctc does have our name but she is the main claimaint
Now I have question regarding housing benefit ?
When we married I did send my marriage certificate and bio metric card to council to inform change of circumstances. The benefit papers do only have my wife name on it as you said she should claim single with child I have not notice anything of sort on the papers except two difference
1 before marriage single claim calculation had written-lone parent between 18 person
2after marriage living together calculation written -couple with person between 18 & pension.
There is no mention of my name on benefit paper but if sometime I call them they do have information about me .
I don't know is this going to effect my application as I can clearly see its COUPLE WITH PERSON I think even being the British citizen as main applicant if you are married or living together when you send your application for hb they calculate it as couple not single PLZ HELP TO ANSWER MY QUERY as there are many like me who are stuck in same dilema

UK2013A
Newly Registered

Post by UK2013A » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Thomas13
You must have applied for your extension - could you please update the form re the decision from Home Office or any enquiry about HB claim or even if you have any further information to let the forum know please.
Regards

annie32
Newly Registered

Post by annie32 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:45 pm

I found this that might be helpful for you. Please read under below:

Housing benefit for couples where one has limited leave

A member of a couple who has limited leave (and so who would be ineligible for HB/CTR if they were single) but whose partner is eligible for HB/CTR (e.g. a British Citizen) can receive HB/CTR provided that their partner makes the claim. Partner here means a spouse/registered civil partner or a person who is living with them as if they are their spouse/civil partner.

For the claim to be valid both members must provide a national insurance number (or at least to have applied for one).