ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM unmarried partner visa refused due to two years not c

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah54
Newly Registered

EEA FM unmarried partner visa refused due to two years not c

Post by Shah54 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi there,

I came in UK under student visa in Jan 2010. I completed ACCA and MBA in 2015 and applied for EEA FM unmarried partner visa application in January 2016.

I started to live with my partner in April 2015 while at the time of application two years living together requirement wasn't met. I got a refusal letter in June 2016 with the only reason of two years not completed being together.

I appealed against the decision and waiting for the appeal to be listed. My two years with my partner will complete in April 2017.

Now in Jan 2016 u have received a letter from Home Office asking me to go for reporting (signing) every month while I'm still waiting for appeal to be listed and heard in the court.

I called court to ask how long more it will take for the listing and they said up to 18 months in total.

Could someone guide me about the following

1. Would I be eligible for Resident Card if the hearing take place after April 2017 as by then two years together with my partner will already be completed. Please also share if you heard of a similar case?

2. Is it normal to go for signing as reporting while the case is already in the court.

3. Do you think it's good to reapply after April and withdraw my appeal as at that time I'll meet all the requirements and it might be quicker?

4. What documents I can prepare to make my caee stronger?

I'm really too much worried about my stay and any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA FM unmarried partner visa refused due to two years n

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm

I don't think an appeal exist.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 16771.html

This may be the reason why you received the IS96.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors