ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

The_Gopher
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Financial Requirement

Post by The_Gopher » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi,

My wife (US Citizen) and I (UK Citizen) are currently living in the USA but plan to move to the UK this year.
I've been employed by the same employer for the past 1.5 years and earn around $50,000 (41,000GBP) a year, non-salaried. My boss has said that i can continue to remotely do my job from the UK rather than lose me.
I was looking at section 5.2 of the Financial Requirement Appendix for the overseas sponsor returning to the UK and was wondering, if it would be enough for me to provide my last 6 months of payslips and a letter from my employer confirming my continue employment once i am in the UK.
I am hoping that the company can payroll me from there office in England so I'm not paying taxes in the US and UK.

I've scoured the internet and even emailed UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service for an answer but couldn't find one. Any advice or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial Requirement

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:50 am

My understanding is that your wife would qualify providing :
You can submit your last 6 months payslips + corresponding bank statements from your employment in the US
AND
You have a written offer of employment from your US employer's UK office, starting within 3 months of your arrival in the UK

Both US & UK employment must meet the £18,600 (or equivalent) annual minimum income level.

You will also need to show adequate accommodation available on your wife's arrival in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.