ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Date you first entered the UK" for EEA permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bastian
Newly Registered

"Date you first entered the UK" for EEA permanent residence

Post by bastian » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding the EEA(PR) Form – Application for a document certifying permanent residence.

Section 5 A, question 5.1 --> Date you first entered the UK

I understand that for the purpose of qualifying for permanent residence as an EEA national one needs to reside in the UK continuously for 5yrs, exercising EU Treaty rights etc.

I have been in the UK far longer, initially studying as part of an exchange programme, followed by a number of temp jobs, some travelling etc.- but my main residence has always been in UK.

My question: Do I need to provide the date of my very first arrival in the UK (i.e. sometime 2002 as an exchange student)?

OR, could I just enter a date approx 6yrs from now (i.e. sometime 2009) and submit all supporting evidence for that period?

It would be incredibly difficult detailing my whereabouts, jobs, travels (absences) and providing solid evidence (i.e. tax, payslips, tenancy agreements, bills etc) from my first date I entered the UK.

In contrast, I have consistent/complete evidence from about 2009 when I started my first permanent job etc. and it would make the application relatively easy.

Many thanks in advance for your help!!

noajthan

Re: "Date you first entered the UK" for EEA permanent reside

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 pm

bastian wrote:Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding the EEA(PR) Form – Application for a document certifying permanent residence.

Section 5 A, question 5.1 --> Date you first entered the UK

I understand that for the purpose of qualifying for permanent residence as an EEA national one needs to reside in the UK continuously for 5yrs, exercising EU Treaty rights etc.

I have been in the UK far longer, initially studying as part of an exchange programme, followed by a number of temp jobs, some travelling etc.- but my main residence has always been in UK.

My question: Do I need to provide the date of my very first arrival in the UK (i.e. sometime 2002 as an exchange student)?

OR, could I just enter a date approx 6yrs from now (i.e. sometime 2009) and submit all supporting evidence for that period?

It would be incredibly difficult detailing my whereabouts, jobs, travels (absences) and providing solid evidence (i.e. tax, payslips, tenancy agreements, bills etc) from my first date I entered the UK.

In contrast, I have consistent/complete evidence from about 2009 when I started my first permanent job etc. and it would make the application relatively easy.

Many thanks in advance for your help!!
Enter date you 1st entered.
Rather than misrepresenting a material fact.

HO may well have it on record so any discrepancy could set alarm bells ringing or at least raise an eyebrow.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bastian
Newly Registered

Post by bastian » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:25 am

"Enter date you 1st entered.
Rather than misrepresenting a material fact.

HO may well have it on record so any discrepancy could set alarm bells ringing or at least raise an eyebrow."

Hi noajthan - thank you very much for your reply!

Does that mean I ought to submit comprehensive evidence for all those years, i.e. 2002 unti now (14yrs) ?

Or could I provide evidence for the purpose of this application for the duration that satisfies the "qualifying person" requirement ? (In my case that would be 2010 to now)

Many thanks!!

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 am

bastian wrote: Or could I provide evidence for the purpose of this application for the duration that satisfies the "qualifying person" requirement ? (In my case that would be 2010 to now)

Many thanks!!

This. I entered the UK in 1991 but I only provided evidence from 2009-2015. It wasn't a problem.

bastian
Newly Registered

Post by bastian » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 am

ohara wrote:
bastian wrote: Or could I provide evidence for the purpose of this application for the duration that satisfies the "qualifying person" requirement ? (In my case that would be 2010 to now)

Many thanks!!
This. I entered the UK in 1991 but I only provided evidence from 2009-2015. It wasn't a problem.
Great, thanks for letting me know.

Did you make it clear in your application that you originally entered 1991 - i.e. did you use the 1991 date on the application form?

And if so, did you outline in a cover letter (or similar) that you entered 1991 but provide evidence for the "satisfying period" of 5 years?

Many thanks!!

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Yes, I stated that I entered in 1991.

I actually put in the dates when I was at school, a student etc on the form because at the time I didn't know I didn't need to. I knew that my time as a student would not have counted to my PR qualifying period as I did not have comprehensive sickness insurance, so in the additional information box I wrote that I was applying on the basis of 5 years of employment between 2009 and 2014.

I've also been out of the UK probably 20 times since I first moved here however I only listed absences from 2009 to present, as any absences before your chosen qualifying period are not relevant.

foxmulder
Newly Registered

Post by foxmulder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Yes, I stated that I entered in 1991.

I actually put in the dates when I was at school, a student etc on the form because at the time I didn't know I didn't need to. I knew that my time as a student would not have counted to my PR qualifying period as I did not have comprehensive sickness insurance, so in the additional information box I wrote that I was applying on the basis of 5 years of employment between 2009 and 2014.

I've also been out of the UK probably 20 times since I first moved here however I only listed absences from 2009 to present, as any absences before your chosen qualifying period are not relevant.
Hey, Did you actually get your Permanent Residence Permit stating the above?