ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request to extend stay as student refused

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

omark
Newly Registered

Request to extend stay as student refused

Post by omark » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:05 pm

I had to apply for a visa extension (Tier 4 student (General) ) as my course had certain expected delays due to the nature of the course.

I made the mistake of using my initial CAS letter on my application, not knowing I had to obtain a new CAS letter which I would have easily done otherwise.

It is on the grounds that I sent a previously used CAS letter that they refused my application.

What options do I have?

Applying for an administrative review would mean them checking over if they made a mistake which isn't the case, it was my error. It also doesn't allow me to submit any new documents.

I will not be receiving a refund and have to apply for another one from back home overseas.

1) I have to fly out = cost
2) Apply again = cost
3) Fly back in = cost
...Any alternatives?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Request to extend stay as student refused

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:57 pm

omark wrote:...Any alternatives?
If you are making a Tier 4 application, no there is now alternative.

If the remaining period is no more than six months, ask the university if they will invite you as a Short Term Student. Unlike Tier 4, you could apply for that visa anywhere outside the UK, or apply on entry if you are a non-visa national.

Or perhaps you could complete your studies in your home country without returning to the UK at all.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

omark
Newly Registered

Re: Request to extend stay as student refused

Post by omark » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I think the short-term student is actually a great suggestion as it is a much cheaper and I have around 3 months left on my course. Unfortunately I cannot do it back home as the facilities required for my studies (airline pilot) are only available where I am studying.