ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General PBS Dependent - Main Applicant has ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asd_deol
Newly Registered

Tier1 General PBS Dependent - Main Applicant has ILR

Post by asd_deol » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi,

I am on ILR since Nov 2015. I got ILR after completing 5 years on Tier1 (General) visa. My wife is on Tier 1 PBS General Dependant Visa valid till Feb 2017. I am applying for her extension but have few questions:

1. As I have ILR now, can she still apply under Tier 1 PBS General Dependant Visa.

2. While paying for immigration health surcharge, the amount shown is GBP 1600 (as my expiry date on ILR is 2024). I have read somewhere that do not enter anything in 'Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK' and correct amount will be shown which should be GBP 600. Is that correct?

Any advice on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Amardeep

Casa

Re: Tier1 General PBS Dependent - Main Applicant has ILR

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:49 pm

asd_deol wrote:Hi,

I am on ILR since Nov 2015. I got ILR after completing 5 years on Tier1 (General) visa. My wife is on Tier 1 PBS General Dependant Visa valid till Feb 2017. I am applying for her extension but have few questions:

1. As I have ILR now, can she still apply under Tier 1 PBS General Dependant Visa. Yes as you were granted ILR under the 5 year route.

2. While paying for immigration health surcharge, the amount shown is GBP 1600 (as my expiry date on ILR is 2024). I have read somewhere that do not enter anything in 'Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK' and correct amount will be shown which should be GBP 600. Is that correct? Your wife should select 'applying alone'.

Any advice on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Amardeep
Your ILR doesn't expire. 2024 is the date that the BRP will have to be renewed in the same way that you would renew a bank card or driving licence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:54 pm

FYI regarding the BRP expiry date:

"The 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology.

As the UK intends to introduce the new technology during 2016 the date restriction affects only BRPs issued to adults with settled status (ILR/NTL).

Any BRP rightfully held on 01 July 2024 that is restricted will be replaced free of charge, with the balance of the 10 year period initially expected being issued on a new BRP.

This means that anyone who has paid a fee in expectation of receiving ten year evidence of settled status will still do so, but it will be spread over two BRPs.

The date restriction does not change the entitlements of the rightful holder to work, access services/benefits or travel. The rightful holder still has settled status.
"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

asd_deol
Newly Registered

Post by asd_deol » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Thanks Casa for your reply. Much appreciated.

Regards
Amardeep

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:02 pm

asd_deol wrote:Thanks Casa for your reply. Much appreciated.

Regards
Amardeep
You're welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)

Ramanaguru82
Newly Registered

Post by Ramanaguru82 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi Amardeep,

Whatz the current status of the visa as I am also planning to apply in the same situation you mentioned.

Below are my details
I'm British Citizen - received during Aug16 via Tier 1 general visa route I.e got first entry clearance on April 2009 with Tier 1 general and continued for 5 years to obtain successful ILR and then British Citizen.
My wife and kid are in currently Tier 1 dependent visa which they got on 20 March 2014 and is about to expire on 10Feb2017.
I'm in need for extending their visa to get proper ILR later. Hence which visa type I need to go for now. Please advise on this regard

Also recently 2 weeks back my wife and kid visa got refused when they applied Tier 1 dependent partner/kid visa from India stating that I hold British citizen and they are not applicable to apply Tier 1 dependent visa under Sec 319 (C)1. Hence they are travelling on urge to get renewed inside UK as their visa is expiring by 10Feb17.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Ramanaguru82 wrote:Hi Amardeep,

Whatz the current status of the visa as I am also planning to apply in the same situation you mentioned.

Below are my details
I'm British Citizen - received during Aug16 via Tier 1 general visa route I.e got first entry clearance on April 2009 with Tier 1 general and continued for 5 years to obtain successful ILR and then British Citizen.
My wife and kid are in currently Tier 1 dependent visa which they got on 20 March 2014 and is about to expire on 10Feb2017.
I'm in need for extending their visa to get proper ILR later. Hence which visa type I need to go for now. Please advise on this regard

Also recently 2 weeks back my wife and kid visa got refused when they applied Tier 1 dependent partner/kid visa from India stating that I hold British citizen and they are not applicable to apply Tier 1 dependent visa under Sec 319 (C)1. Hence they are travelling on urge to get renewed inside UK as their visa is expiring by 10Feb17.
Answered.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.