ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement of Residence Card (EEA (FM))

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pilar
Newly Registered

Replacement of Residence Card (EEA (FM))

Post by pilar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi

I am a Danish citizen that in 2015 moved to the UK with my Filipino family.

My wife and her children all received residence cards and are working/in school.
All was good.

Then my stepdaughter lost her residence card (here in the UK) :(
I reported it lost which was easy.

But when we applied for a replacement things went a bit wrong.
I found a form on gov.uk called "Application for a Replacement Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)" which seemed to be exactly what we needed.
We got all the required documentation, sent it in, and after a few weeks we received an answer.
Application invalid for use of incorrect form :(

However there is no indication of which form is the correct one.

When I search on gov.uk I either come back to the same form or the form we used when we applied for the RC in the first place (91 pages of EEA (FM)).

So can anyone point me in the right direction to get the card replaced?

MrSlyFox

Re: Replacement of Residence Card (EEA (FM))

Post by MrSlyFox » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:57 pm

You will need to reply for a new Residence card. Including paying for the application & biometrics again.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... rd/replace

From EEA (FM) is just the latest version of the form for applying as a family member of an EEA National Qualified Person.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-fm

pilar
Newly Registered

Post by pilar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks MrSlyFox

To me it just seems odd that the replacement form does not cover in my daughter's case.

Do you know if the procedure (and ETA) is the same as the first time it was processed?

Since it was granted the first time and she is registered as a resident, you could argue that it shouldn't take 6 months to re-issue the card.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:51 pm

The replacement form is for applications under the domestic UK legislation for a Biometric Residence Permit whereas you need a European Residence Card. Although it would be great to just order a replacement I think it's due to the HO checking again if the person is qualified person under the regulations.
I fear it probably won't be any quicker applying dispute having held a residence card that would be valid for several years. The processing time right now is very slow due to many people applying for proof of their entitlement to reside because of the uncertainty that Brexit caused.

Here is a timeline thread that hopefully will give you a rough idea how long you'll be waiting http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 2-340.html

pilar
Newly Registered

Post by pilar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 am

Thank you very much MrSlyFox

I guess it's back to waiting then....

alijawad786
Mood:

Post by alijawad786 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 am

pilar wrote:Hi

My wife and her children all received residence cards and are working/in school.
All was good.

I found a form on gov.uk called "Application for a Replacement Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)" which seemed to be exactly what we needed.
We got all the required documentation, sent it in, and after a few weeks we received an answer.

When I search on gov.uk I either come back to the same form or the form we used when we applied for the RC in the first place (91 pages of EEA (FM)).

Just make a fresh application the way u done it before but use the latest application form and pay the fee too. and write a cover letter whats the purpose of this application.
by the way did u report it lost/Stolen? if yes then dont hesitate to write refrence number.
hope this helps.
cheers
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

asadjani2017
Newly Registered

Post by asadjani2017 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 pm

alijawad786 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 am
pilar wrote:Hi

All was good.

Just make a fresh application the way u done it before but use the latest application form and pay the fee too. and write a cover letter whats the purpose of this application.
by the way did u report it lost/Stolen? if yes then dont hesitate to write refrence number.
hope this helps.
cheers

can u plz help me i lost my Permanent Residence card last month reported to home office and they said i need to apply for replacement, i sent the application with the form which they av mentioned on the website but after a month i got my documents back stating application invalid bcoz i used wrong application form, even they had only one application form for lost, second wen i called them they said i cant use preium services center, but i sent email and they replied yes i can use Premium services as, EU Permanent Residence is equal to ILR, now i dnt know wat i need to do, can any one help plz wich form i av to use

alijawad786
Mood:

Post by alijawad786 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:32 am

this is what i can recommend you. we will include others advice too.

1. have you reported the document lost or stolen to police? if yes then u should be given a reference number.

2. are u and EEA National only then u can use the European Passport Return Service for your application.

3. PR and ILR mean the same respect and status but both are given under total different laws and regulations. i dont think so u can apply EEA PR at a premium service.

4. when u obtained your PR, use the same qualifying periods for 5 years. u can use the same documentation.

5. on top of that add any other recent documents if you have.

6. if you are NON EEA then use paper forms please (latest ones), make sure pay the correct fee.

7. write a detailed cover letter and explain them the situation what happened and how you lost PR card. with this letter attach the copy of Police report or reference number or any letter given by them and in last attach a copy of your lost PR card so that they can cross check everything for you.

let us know how you are getting on.

ALI
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

micaelasingh
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by micaelasingh » Wed May 23, 2018 9:57 am

pilar wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 am
Thank you very much MrSlyFox

I guess it's back to waiting then....
Hiya,
I know this is a very old post but I wonder if you got your replacement any sooner than 6 months? I am Spanish, my Indian husband tried to apply for a job through an agency and they rejected him because of his RC in an old Passport. We applied for a replacement... This would not involve a decision taken, does it take 6 months?
Thanks