ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pregnant girlfriends visa due to run out

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jamess31
Newly Registered

Re: pregnant girlfriends visa due to run out

Post by jamess31 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Hi guys back again, i lost all my login details but just found them again.
just updating you on everything.

After speaking to the solicitor she advised me not to appeal as it would take too long so i re applied. and i still haven't got an answer. Its now to late for my fiance to fly as she is now 8 months pregnant , so i am going to Mexico on sunday for 2 or 3 months. It's definitely not the situation we wanted to be in but were trying not to let it get us down.
It does make things a little more complicated though. I will now have to apply for my baby's british passport while i'm still in Mexico which can take up-to 6 weeks and also i wont be earning any money for all the time that i'm away .

just wondering when i apply for the next visa (flr) and they see that i have missed 3 months of work, how will they think about this? will it ruin my chances of being granted the visa. I was hoping that i could supply proof that i had to go away, such as plane tickets, antenatal records, baby's birth certificate etc. would this be sufficent ?

Lets just hope my current visa gets accepted this time, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, so maybe i'm due for some good luck.

cheers

james

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:58 am

Yes it will, you wil the full six months of payslips.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jamess31
Newly Registered

Post by jamess31 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Well I'm still in mexico and we still haven't received and answer to the visa. And we now have a baby boy.

I wanted to ask a few things about getting my son into the country.
What is the best way.
I could apply for a british passport from here but it will take 6 weeks which will cut.into my fiancee visa time when we receive. The visa.
Could we apply for a visitor.visa for.the baby and apply for the british passport once.in the uk?
Any other options ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 pm

jamess31 wrote:Could we apply for a visitor.visa for.the baby and apply for the british passport once.in the uk?
No, they are instructed not to grant leave to British citizens.

CoE-RoA is a more expensive alternative to a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jamess31
Newly Registered

Post by jamess31 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:18 am

Ok. But applying for the passport overseas will be fine ?
I want the most uncomplicated route and this seems to be it. I will lose time on my visa but just means I'll have to do things quicker once we're all in the uk.
Would my son count as a british national as I'm british ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:15 am

Your child is automatically British, if you are British otherwise than by descent. A British child may apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jamess31
Newly Registered

Post by jamess31 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Thanks vinny.

Also when we applied for the visa the application was for my fiancee only as we were certain she would be back before the baby was born. Now that we have the baby will this void visa ?

I'm just worried when she goes through border control and they see that she is supposed to be alone they will refuse her entry
Or will the baby having the british passport be enough to get him through?
Is the plus one child part for foreign children only?