ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 5 GAE

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xiaoping
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 5 GAE

Post by xiaoping » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:50 am

I am currently working on switching my visa to Tier 5 within the UK.

But now I have a problem with choosing a sponsor. I have contact with two company, xxxxx and xxxxx. I graduated on Marketing this December, my job is a marketing intern for 12 months.

xxxxx is much expensive and all the fees are nonrefundable even if my visa got rejected. I am kind of worry about this point because my employer is willing to pay for my sponsorship fee only I will work for them for sure. Now my employer is hesitated to process my application base on this point. :( :(

As the xxxxx, they told my employer is kind of hard to get 12 months visa, normally just only 6 months. So I am unsure if my application will be rejected by applying for 12 months. So somebody suggests me to apply for 6 months first and then extend the visa. Anybody had any idea about that? Any recommendation of the companies?

Also, any successful candidates can give any ideas what I should pay attention on while I am preparing the documents.

Thank you in advance.
:wink:
Last edited by noajthan on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Company names removed

stay order
- thin ice -

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 5 GAE

Post by stay order » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 pm

i am giving you a practical advice, not a single t5 sponsor will issue you 12 months Cos. They are no 1 fradusters of the world who unfortunately got t 5 license. They will give 6 months and keep topping up to a maximum of 24 just to make money. Its a money making tatics. Why would they give you 12 months in one fee? they will rather give you 12 months in 2 fees.
its worth paying that money yourself, if the employer is hasitating, atleast you are having some benieft of satying on the country.

hope that helps. good luck,