ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Im doing my FLR M visa online- which option do I choose?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

morphine50
Newly Registered

Im doing my FLR M visa online- which option do I choose?

Post by morphine50 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:27 pm

I am trying to apply for the FLR M to switch my wifes 6 month fiance visa to a spouse visa . However, I am not sure which option to choose? She came in august. We did the legal marriage in november.

Any ideas. they are as follows:

1) first extension as a partner from within the UK
2)You delayed your travel to UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa
3-you require more time to meet the knowledge of language and life in uk requirement to apply for settlement
4- you have granted entry as a fiance but not yet married
5-you are applying for any other reason

Casa

Re: Im doing my FLR M visa online- which option do I choose?

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:04 pm

morphine50 wrote:I am trying to apply for the FLR M to switch my wifes 6 month fiance visa to a spouse visa . However, I am not sure which option to choose? She came in august. We did the legal marriage in november.

1) first extension as a partner from within the UK YES. This one
2)You delayed your travel to UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa
3-you require more time to meet the knowledge of language and life in uk requirement to apply for settlement
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Casa wrote:
morphine50 wrote:I am trying to apply for the FLR M to switch my wifes 6 month fiance visa to a spouse visa . However, I am not sure which option to choose? She came in august. We did the legal marriage in november.

1) first extension as a partner from within the UK YES. This one

thanks
I also wanted to ask with regards to my payslips, I recently got a car lease from work, so they take the payments monthly from my wages as a salary sacrifice. Will this affect my wifes application with regards to the financial requirement. My salary overall is above the requirement. But after the car deduction, it shows that I get paid less

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:39 pm

The qualifying gross pay will be before the vehicle allowance is deducted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello , a few questions before I send off the wifes visa:

-Do I (UK born partner) need to send my passport too?
-As we have been married 6 months and she is on a fiance visa, we have not got a lot of evidence with our names on bills etc. Should this be an issue?
- Do i print my online application and post together with all the evidences e.g. passport etc.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:33 pm

morphine50 wrote:Hello , a few questions before I send off the wifes visa:

-Do I (UK born partner) need to send my passport too? Yes, or a legally certified copy
-As we have been married 6 months and she is on a fiance visa, we have not got a lot of evidence with our names on bills etc. Should this be an issue? Not a requirement following a fiance visa. This is for later FLR(M) application to show co-habitation when applying for extension after 2.5 years.
- Do i print my online application and post together with all the evidences e.g. passport etc. Yes
Bear in mind that a postal application could take 12 weeks to process and during this time your wife will be unable to work. If you apply in person at a PSC and pay the premium fee (£1311) a decision in general made on the day.

Don't omit to pay the £500 NHS surcharge online before submitting the visa application. You will need to include the IHS number on the application form.
(Casa, not CR001)

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Many thanks

Does the online form not get sent directly to the home office or is it better to print the whole form off and post it? Print the form & include with documents

Also would you recommend sending it by recorded delivery? Definitely

Also Do I need to sign part 2 and 3 of the consent for home office? I don't have access to the online form. What does 2 & 3 refer to?

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:46 pm

also , the evidence checklist states it needs a signed contract of employment which I dont have. Is a letter from work which I states I work there with salary details enough?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:49 pm

morphine50 wrote:also , the evidence checklist states it needs a signed contract of employment which I dont have. Is a letter from work which I states I work there with salary details enough?
There's a legal requirement for your employer to issue you with a contract. It would be in your own interest to ask why they have failed to do this.

However, a signed letter on Company headed paper confirming the terms of your employment should be acceptable.
(Casa, not CR001)

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:57 pm

another query:

I am going on holiday in 4 weeks- so will require my passport.

Do the evidences get sent back promptly ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Then submit a legally certified copy of your passport as suggested in my previous post.

A postal application can take up to 12 weeks. Alternatively pay the premium fee of £1311 and submit the application in person at a PSC. Again given as an option in my previous post. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:37 pm

morphine50 wrote:another query:

I am going on holiday in 4 weeks- so will require my passport.

Do the evidences get sent back promptly ?
Your wife has to submit her original passport. You as the sponsor can submit a certified copy. Assuming you are going on holiday with your wife, suggest apply in person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks

Do i need to get all the pages photocopied?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Is your wife also going on holiday?

If yes, how will she travel if she does not have her passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

morphine50
Newly Registered

Post by morphine50 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:47 pm

im going away not her

if she is succesful will she get a 2 year visa and a BRP card?
Then what would be the next application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:51 pm

morphine50 wrote:im going away not her

if she is succesful will she get a 2 year visa and a BRP card?
Then what would be the next application?
A BRP for 2.5 years. After that she'll apply for another 2.5 year extension before qualifying for ILR at the end of the 5 year period.
(Casa, not CR001)