ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get British passport for baby born to EU citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAIALONDON
Newly Registered

Re: How to get British passport for baby born to EU citizen

Post by MAIALONDON » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Also sorry, just one more question. Based on all this, as I didn't have PR status before my daughter was born as it appears, would she still be eligible to be registered as a British citizen at this point in time? Or would we now have to wait 5 years from when she was born/or I gained PR status for her to be registered as a British Citizen?

Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:41 pm

As soon as you have acquired PR, daughter may be registered.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MAIALONDON
Newly Registered

Post by MAIALONDON » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:54 pm

Ok great thanks. Am glad we don't have to wait another 5 years for this.

Also just going through emails from husband's lawyers and my husband applied for the residence card using the EEA (FM) form and the lawyer also applied for me using the EEA (QP) form as I am my husband's sponsor. Which means I should also get a Registration certificate at the end of it. Would that make applying for EEA PR any easier once I've got the Registration certificate? Or should I just make a whole separate application for EEA PR?

Thank you again...