ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for spouse of UK citizen - self employed

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing

Schengen visa for spouse of UK citizen - self employed

Post by rshelar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi,

I am a British Citizen and I am self employed as a director of a Ltd company. My wife is from a non EU country and I wish to apply for Schengen tourist visa for France.

It requires me to get letter from employer and payslips. However being a self employed person, I am not aware what I should provide -

Can anyone please advise?

I am planning to provide letter from accountant and dividend vouchers. Is that sufficient?

Also, since my wife isnt working I selected all expenses for her trip will be sponsored by me. Do I need to provide a sponsor letter? In the online visa application I have only added her as I dont need a visa.

Regards

noajthan

Re: Schengen visa for spouse of UK citizen - self employed

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:30 pm

rshelar wrote:Hi,

I am a British Citizen and I am self employed as a director of a Ltd company. My wife is from a non EU country and I wish to apply for Schengen tourist visa for France.

It requires me to get letter from employer and payslips. However being a self employed person, I am not aware what I should provide -

Can anyone please advise?

I am planning to provide letter from accountant and dividend vouchers. Is that sufficient?

Also, since my wife isnt working I selected all expenses for her trip will be sponsored by me. Do I need to provide a sponsor letter? In the online visa application I have only added her as I dont need a visa.

Regards
A limited company is a distinct legal entity so you must be an employee of that company.
Get a letter from HR (even if you are HR).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks.

So I am just writing a letter for myself signed by myself ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 pm

rshelar wrote:Thanks.

So I am just writing a letter for myself signed by myself ?
Bizarre as it sounds but yes.
Unless you have a Company Secretary or some such person.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks.

Yea wierd but will doing that.

aliahmed201724
Newly Registered

Post by aliahmed201724 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:13 pm

why are not applying as a family of Eu Citizen for your wife where you don't have to provide bank statements ,salary slips etc.

aliahmed201724
Newly Registered

Post by aliahmed201724 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:14 pm

why are not applying as a family of Eu Citizen for your wife where you don't have to provide bank statements ,salary slips etc.

Muzzique
Newly Registered

Post by Muzzique » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:34 pm

You should simply exercise your wife rights as the spouse of an EU citizen. Normally there is a box to tick wish eliminates nearly all the questions asked. This applies to non-EU spouses of EU citizens too.

She is entitled to the same freedom of movement as you are without question as to reason for the travel or financial background.

You do not need to show any financial information or supporting documents other than your marriage certificate. The visa should be issued on an accelerated basis.

The visa will be issued free.

This article explains it all.

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/directive-200438ec/

The French embassy in the UK uses TCS. You will need to go straight to the embassy itself otherwise you are simply paying an agency fee.

As the non-EU spouse of an EU citizen she has an automatic right to a visa. She can remain for in the EU country for 3 months without a visa and entitled to a for a residence card in that country to remain for up to 5 years provided you are with her.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Muzzique wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:34 pm
You should simply exercise your wife rights as the spouse of an EU citizen. Normally there is a box to tick wish eliminates nearly all the questions asked. This applies to non-EU spouses of EU citizens too.

She is entitled to the same freedom of movement as you are without question as to reason for the travel or financial background.

You do not need to show any financial information or supporting documents other than your marriage certificate. The visa should be issued on an accelerated basis.

The visa will be issued free.

This article explains it all.

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/directive-200438ec/

The French embassy in the UK uses TCS. You will need to go straight to the embassy itself otherwise you are simply paying an agency fee.

As the non-EU spouse of an EU citizen she has an automatic right to a visa. She can remain for in the EU country for 3 months without a visa and entitled to a for a residence card in that country to remain for up to 5 years provided you are with her.
This topic is more than a year old. Kindly refrain from digging up old topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.