ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any EU citizen worried?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AlfaBeta123
Newly Registered

Any EU citizen worried?

Post by AlfaBeta123 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello there, I’ve been a member here for a whilst (sorry mods; couldn't recall my pw nor the email address I logged in with).
Thanks to all the help of the senior members at this forum and their knowledge and posts; I was able to obtain for my husband (non EEA) a Family Permit to become a British Citizen. In the mean time; my 2 kids also were born here and have obtained BC.

Now; all this time; I have stayed Dutch. The other day, I read an article about a lady who was quite similar to my situation; although her husband was BC, so where her kids. And she live here for 24 somewhat years. I can’t recall if it was her PR or her BC that she applied for; however it was refused. I couldn’t really make out of the article; whether it was because she didn’t provided her passport or other missing documents. Not only did she receive a refusal; she was also asked to make prep to leave the country (even though it did appear that those were automated letters and sent in error)…
Either way; I did feel shocked and quite sadden. Oh well, it made me think and I am going to apply for my BC (trying to read through this book to take the test first). I have obtained my PR 2 years ago. Horrible enough; I feel very unsecure! As even though; I think my papers and everything are quite straight forward (similar to my husband) and I shouldn’t have difficulties proving the required.

Anyone else have the same feeling, taken the same actions and not waiting for article 50 to be triggered?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Any EU citizen worried?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:22 pm

There are certainly all types of responses to the current situation, from "head in the sand" to "wait & see" to going full wack for BC.
At a minimum everyone should try and get their status documented which hopefully makes it easier once we know what the system will be for EU-Citizens, and the rush starts in earnest.
For those staying long-term BC is probably the right way, if you qualify under the rules. Then you are totally free from any restrictions and in most cases you keep your original nationality, if before UK leaving. BC board has most of the answers.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.