ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No comprehensive sickness insurance-PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emily1991
Newly Registered

No comprehensive sickness insurance-PR application

Post by Emily1991 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi

I would appreciate your advice so much here.

My husband is an EEA national and he is trying to apply for permanent residence card in the UK. He has been in the UK continuously for 6 years. He was working, studying as a PHD and now work again. However, during his PHD, he didn’t make any comprehensive sickness insurance fee which is required in the permanent residence card application. Can he still be successful in apply it? Any solutions or experience for this?

Also, for myself, do I need to make the same comprehensive sickness insurance if in the future that I apply for PR? I am now holding an EEA family residence card.

Thank you very much!

noajthan

Re: No comprehensive sickness insurance-PR application

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Emily1991 wrote:Hi

My husband is an EEA national and he is trying to apply for permanent residence card in the UK. He has been in the UK continuously for 6 years. He was working, studying as a PHD and now work again. However, during his PHD, he didn’t make any comprehensive sickness insurance fee which is required in the permanent residence card application. Can he still be successful in apply it? Any solutions or experience for this?

Also, for myself, do I need to make the same comprehensive sickness insurance if in the future that I apply for PR? I am now holding an EEA family residence card.

Thank you very much!
Did hubby have a foreign EHIC whilst a student?
Or RC issued to him as a student during/before 2011?

If not its unlikely the student years can be counted and PR clock will have been stopped (for both of you) and reset to zero.

If you were dependent on hubby whilst he was a student then yes, the CSI cover needed to have extended to cover you too.
Workers don't need CSI.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Emily1991
Newly Registered

Post by Emily1991 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:51 pm

noajthan wrote:
Emily1991 wrote:Hi

Thank you very much!
Did hubby have a foreign EHIC whilst a student?
Or RC issued to him as a student during/before 2011?

If not its unlikely the student years can be counted and PR clock will have been stopped (for both of you) and reset to zero.

If you were dependent on hubby whilst he was a student then yes, the CSI cover needed to have extended to cover you too.
Workers don't need CSI.
Hi Thank you very much for your reply.
I do not quite understand your answer. Does RC mean Residence card here? My husband didn't apply for any residence card. If he has EHIC, can it replace CSI?

I am dependent on my husband when he is working, I am working myself as well. So we dont need CSI now?

Thank you again

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Furthermore i am not sure a PHD can be considered as Vocational training.

If it can be, then perhaps you can qualify.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

juan112
Newly Registered

Post by juan112 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:25 pm

The EDHEC can be used as proof of comprehensive insurance. Your husband should apply for an EDHEC and include it in his application and it would serve as proof that he had comprehensive insurance during his years as a student.