ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Obtain STAMP 4 by having lived in Europe for 5 years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LAKUCHA
Newly Registered

Obtain STAMP 4 by having lived in Europe for 5 years

Post by LAKUCHA » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 am

Hi everybody,
I lived in Germany for 5 years, and I came in Ireland last year for an exchange with a school here in Dublin. I have a non EU passeport and would like to stay and find a job here (but it is very very complicated).
So my question is: Is it possible to obtain the stamp 4 by having lived in another EU country for five years ?

Thank you.

langtababa
BANNED

Re: Obtain STAMP 4 by having lived in Europe for 5 years

Post by langtababa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 am

To LAKUCHA

Seems like you are on stamp 2 visa..In order to obtain stamp 4 by living another country is not any help achieving stamp 4..

noajthan

Re: Obtain STAMP 4 by having lived in Europe for 5 years

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:35 am

LAKUCHA wrote:Hi everybody,
I lived in Germany for 5 years, and I came in Ireland last year for an exchange with a school here in Dublin. I have a non EU passeport and would like to stay and find a job here (but it is very very complicated).
So my question is: Is it possible to obtain the stamp 4 by having lived in another EU country for five years ?

Thank you.
No. Status from Germany is not transferable to Eire.
To obtain PR in Eire you would need to exercise treaty rights in Eire for 5 continuous years.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.