ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Surinder Singh Route Scam : BBC News

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

EEA Surinder Singh Route Scam : BBC News

Post by raja.brit » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:34 am

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38597384

Casa

Re: EEA Surinder Singh Route Scam : BBC News

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 am

raja.brit wrote:I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Thousands use 'bad quality life' scam to get into the UK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38597384
FYI - The board word censor auto changes f a k e to bad quality .

It was only a matter of time before the profiteers took advantage of this route into the UK. Regrettably the innocent are likely to suffer for the actions of the guilty, as in the ETS scam. It also appears that cases are being examined historically for those using SS over the last 3 years.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Re: EEA Surinder Singh Route Scam : BBC News

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

This helps put the recent and non-EU compliant, non-EU friendly changes to the UK EEA Regulations vis a vis Surinder Singh into some sort of context.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.