ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajan2275
Newly Registered

Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by rajan2275 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi,

I am came to UK as Tier 2 ICT (Long Term Staff Dependent) in Sept 2013. My children are also on my wife's dependent visa (Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Dependent). Recently, I got new sponsorship and changed my Visa to Tier 2 General. I have few questions regarding switching dependent visa's. Could Some one answer following queries.

1. I want to switch my Children visa's to Tier 2 General Dependent. Can I do that without switching my wife's visa. My wife is still of Tier 2 ICT (Valid till Oct 2017). I herd, that sometimes kids visa is rejected, if it is not applied along with spouse.

2. Can I switch Visa's within UK.

3. Can I get ILR after completing 5 years in UK on Tier 2 general.

Thanks for helping me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General Depen

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:43 pm

rajan2275 wrote:Hi,

I am came to UK as Tier 2 ICT (Long Term Staff Dependent) in Sept 2013. My children are also on my wife's dependent visa (Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Dependent). Recently, I got new sponsorship and changed my Visa to Tier 2 General. I have few questions regarding switching dependent visa's. Could Some one answer following queries.

1. I want to switch my Children visa's to Tier 2 General Dependent. Can I do that without switching my wife's visa. My wife is still of Tier 2 ICT (Valid till Oct 2017). I herd, that sometimes kids visa is rejected, if it is not applied along with spouse. HO might well raise questions as they are already dependent on your wife. Why is your wife not also applying as your dependent?

2. Can I switch Visa's within UK. Yes but see #1

3. Can I get ILR after completing 5 years in UK on Tier 2 general. Yes if you meet ALL the requirements.

Thanks for helping me.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajan2275
Newly Registered

Post by rajan2275 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks for quick response.
My wife will have to work for same employer on ICT. Her organisation does not allow her to change visa, That's the problem and she can't resign here,as per conditions of employer, she will have to go back to India to resign.

rajan2275
Newly Registered

Post by rajan2275 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:08 am

Hi,
Thanks for quick reply. I have few more questions regarding switching of my dependent's visa from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General dependent. We are in UK since Sept 2013 on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. I recently switched from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General (5 Years).

As per answers in previous post, I will apply switching of visa for my spouse and children together.

1. My Tier 2 General Visa is valid from 30-Dec-2016 – 14-Jan-2022 (5 Years). My children are still on my wife's Tier 2 ICT (Long Term staff) dependent Visa. In case, I apply for my dependants Visa at in last week of Jan 2017 (e.g. 30th Jan 2017) in category of 5 years tier 2 general. What will be probable length of my dependants Visa. Will it end on date same as on my Visa (e.g. 30th Jan 2017 – 14th Jan 2022).

2. In case, #1 is true, I will be eligible for ILR and my dependants will not because they haven't spent 5 years in UK on Tier 2 general dependent. Is it true?

3. Will their time on Tier 2 ICT dependent added for ILR.

4. Will it possible for all of us to apply ILR together after 5 years.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:01 pm

1. Yes, the end date will be in line with your end date.

2. Most likely.

3. No.

4. The earliest you can apply for ILR is 28 days before your 5 years completion. If you apply for your dependents NOW, chances are that you may get a small window of overlap where all can apply together. If you apply their dependent visa by end of Jan, you will have to wait for them to complete 5 years if you want to apply together. In that case, your visa would have expired and hence you will have to extend your visa before that. Note: You are allowed a max of 6 years on T2 (G) visa.

rajan2275
Newly Registered

Post by rajan2275 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks a lot for help.

rajan2275
Newly Registered

Post by rajan2275 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Could you pl. answer following queries also.

1. My wife is on Tier 2 ICT (Long Term Staff) valid till Oct 2017. As soon as she is granted Tier 2 General Dependent.
(a) Will she have to inform her employer regarding change of Visa?
(b) Her job might end by end of Jan 2017. Is it compulsory to inform current employer regarding visa
change. She is going for visa switching on 17th Jan 2017 (Premium Service).

2. I as Tier 2 General Visa holder was on Tier 2 ICT dependent (Valid till OCt 2017) still have my old BRP card. What should I do with old card. Note: I haven't received my new BRP card yet though I have letter mentioning validity of my visa.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 pm

1. (a) & (b) Yes. Its an contractual requirement to update with the latest visa status. You cannot hide it from the employer. Any employer need to know the the latest visa status of its employees and keep a record of it.

2. The old BRP is now invalid. Suggest you destroy it once you get your new one.

rajan2275
Newly Registered

Post by rajan2275 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks for help.

robinsmathew
Newly Registered

Post by robinsmathew » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:45 am

rajan2275 wrote:Hi,

1. I want to switch my Children visa's to Tier 2 General Dependent. Can I do that without switching my wife's visa. My wife is still of Tier 2 ICT (Valid till Oct 2017). I herd, that sometimes kids visa is rejected, if it is not applied along with spouse.

2. Can I switch Visa's within UK.

3. Can I get ILR after completing 5 years in UK on Tier 2 general.

Thanks for helping me.
Hi Rajan, When you have switched from Tier 2 ICT dependednt visa to Tier 2 General visa did you have to go back to india and apply from there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:20 am

robinsmathew wrote:Hi Rajan, When you have switched from Tier 2 ICT dependednt visa to Tier 2 General visa did you have to go back to india and apply from there?
Yes, it is an application from home country. It is not possible to switch from PBS dependent to Tier 2 General main visa holder within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

praty888
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by praty888 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:20 am
robinsmathew wrote:Hi Rajan, When you have switched from Tier 2 ICT dependednt visa to Tier 2 General visa did you have to go back to india and apply from there?
Yes, it is an application from home country. It is not possible to switch from PBS dependent to Tier 2 General main visa holder within the UK.
Did you serve cooling period?
We are in similar situation. I am in tier-2 ICT and my wife as dependent. My wife is getting a sponsor in UK. So 1. do she need to server cooling period back in home country?
2. How long does the whole process take?
3. Any specific challenges did you face?

Thanks
Praty

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 pm

praty888 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:20 am
Did you serve cooling period?
We are in similar situation. I am in tier-2 ICT and my wife as dependent. My wife is getting a sponsor in UK. So 1. do she need to server cooling period back in home country?
2. How long does the whole process take?
3. Any specific challenges did you face?

Thanks
Praty
Can you please start your own topic instead of digging up old threads and tagging onto them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)