ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Travel/visit Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xcrogers

UK Travel/visit Question

Post by xcrogers » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:51 pm

I currently hold a tier 2 ICT dependent visa and I'm applying for a tier 2 general visa. In the application, under the travel history. Its asks if I have travelled to the UK in the last 10 years and then provide the 5 most recent trips.

Shall I include the entries made into the UK over the last 10 months (while holding a valid visa) as part of this section and bump out trips made to the UK before obtaining my current visa?

I will be entering all other applicable travel (outside my country of residence/UK) in the subsequent section.

Thank you

xcrogers

Re: UK Travel/visit Question

Post by xcrogers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:12 pm

bump for a steer (or perhaps a link to a thread where previously discussed)? search function doesn't seem to be working for me right now...

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:19 pm

The last 5 trips must include all visits to the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Great. Thanks for the confirmation.

So my last 'visits' indicated in that section will the time between any other travel

ie. (going back chronologically)

entry on January 2nd Departure of January 22nd - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on October 9th Departure of December 23th - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on September 18th Departure of October 7th - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on August 1st Departure of August 30th - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on May 15th Departure of July 29th - Purpose of visit - Resident

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:33 pm

xcrogers wrote:Great. Thanks for the confirmation.

So my last 'visits' indicated in that section will the time between any other travel

ie. (going back chronologically)

entry on January 2nd Departure of January 22nd - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on October 9th Departure of December 23th - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on September 18th Departure of October 7th - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on August 1st Departure of August 30th - Purpose of visit - Resident
entry on May 15th Departure of July 29th - Purpose of visit - Resident
What do you mean by 'the time between any other travel' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Well since arriving in the UK as a tier 2 ICT dependent in March of 2016 (w/ job here and no other residency location) I have gone on several trips, mostly short weekend trips to back home to the States or other European locations and one longer trip to Australia.

Thus my question, is do the times I've returned back in to the UK from those trips over the last 10 months (while holding a visa) count on this list of UK 'visits' given that in reality i was simply returning 'home'.

Or are they really just interested in entries made BEFORE I had my dependent visa which were as a true 'tourist'?

Thanks

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:59 am

Does my explanation make sense? I don't want to include my most recent trips into the UK as a Tier 2 ICT Dependent (resident) and bump out trips made before holding a visa that were made simply as a foreigner traveling to the UK as a tourist. But it also says most recent... and a such don't care that you hold a visa and each entry was for months at a time (as a resident).

Either way, don't want a silly mistake to cost me and just trying to fill the form out properly.

Please advise. Thank you