ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Break in Employment Tier-1 Entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HarisM

Break in Employment Tier-1 Entrepreneur

Post by HarisM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 am

Hi Gurus, I am new to this forum and would like to get your help regarding my tier-1 Entrepreneur extension which is due in April 2017.
I had successfully applied before April, 2014 but got visa at 23rd April 2014.

Employment Details:

(Job One).
Employee A
April’16 to August’16= 5 Months (Full Time)
Sept’16 to March’17= 7 Months (Part Time)

Employee B
August’16 to March’17= 8 Months (Part Time)

(Job Two).
Employee X
Oct’15 to July’16= 10 Months (Full Time)

Employee Y
Sept’16 to March’17= 7 Months (Full Time)

*(I assume they will keep working at least till the end of March-17)

My Question is that if employment remains on same track which I mentioned above, am I fulfilling the job requirements or not?
One of the solicitor said that there is a break of one month (August’16) in job two and hence job for continuous 12 months is not completed but I think vice versa.

I would like your input on this matter especially from Zimba88.

Many Thanks!!

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Break in Employment Tier-1 Entrepreneur

Post by aby00156 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 am

You should be fine. There is no requirement for the job to be continuous. The solicitor needs to read the guidance. It is clearly stated in the guidance.
A single job need not consist of 12 consecutive months (for example it could exist for 6 months in one year and 6 months the following year) providing it is the same job (different jobs that have existed for less than 12 months cannot be combined together to make up a 12 month period), and the jobs need not exist at the date of application, provided they have existed for 12 months.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 pm

As answered above, a position needs to exist in your company for 12 months. This does not need to be consecutive and can be fulfilled by multiple employees.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

HarisM

Post by HarisM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Many thanks aby00156 and Zimba88.
Highly appreciate your help on this!!