ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for a EEA Family Permit - Surinder Singh Cover Letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mckenzieslomp
Newly Registered

Help for a EEA Family Permit - Surinder Singh Cover Letter

Post by mckenzieslomp » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on what to write in my EEA Family Permit application covering letter? My husband is British and I am a non-EEA national. We have been living in Germany for over 6 months now and applying via the Surinder Singh route.

Do we make any mention of this in the covering letter? i.e that we have been working, living in Germany and want to apply through Surinder Singh. - Or does my husband just simply ask that I am granted my family permit so we may travel to the UK together?

Thanks in advance!

infors
Newly Registered

Re: Help for a EEA Family Permit - Surinder Singh Cover Lett

Post by infors » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi!

I'm in the exact same situation (British, live in Germany, wife is non-EEA national). At present we're stuck in purgatory waiting for an EEA FP application to be returned but in the past it has always been smooth sailing. I always used the following cover letter successfully (modified to your situation slightly - fill in the blanks).

I don't directly mention Surinder Singh but I do put that our "center of life" is Germany and demonstrate that I'm working here. That should be enough, you can also add that your job here means you are "exercising treaty rights".
I write this letter in support of the application of my wife, xxxx, for an EEA Family Permit. I am a UK citizen, resident in the UK until xxxxx, since when I have been resident in xxxx, Germany. For the duration of my stay in Germany I have been working at xxxxxx, holding the position of xxxxxx.

The initial trip covered by this permit will be a xx day trip to the United Kingdom, <reason for trip>. <Description of trip plans - when to travel, where to stay, what to do etc>.

This will be the first EEA Family Permit for my wife, we chose this route as we travel together to the UK several times per year to visit family and friends. My center of life is in Germany and we fully intend to remain resident in Germany for some years (at least) to come. We live together here in Germany in a rented apartment and are registered as German residents with the German authorities. Our careers here in Germany are both going well and we have firmly established a home for ourselves here. To support this I have enclosed copies of the following to support my center of life being in Germany:

• My UK Passport
• Joint Apartment Rental Contract
• My Employment Contract, Recent Payslips and Annual Salary Statements
• My German Registration Certificate
• My Recent Mobile Phone Bills and Our Joint Landline/Internet Bills
• My German Current Account Statement
• My UK Current Account Statement
• Our Joint Current and Savings Account Statements

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact either my wife or I for more information.