ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Number of applications to send

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

EEA PR Number of applications to send

Post by treeboythethird » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

I am about to start applying for EEA PR for my family, consisting of my myself, my partner and daughter, since we have now lived here for 5 years and meet all the criteria.

My partner is the EEA Citizen, my daughter is an EEA Citizen and I am a non EEA Citizen. My question relates to how many application forms we need to fill in and send, since I would like to do one big application for the three of us? The form seems to imply it's one or the other and seems that we need to do a separate one for my partner and daughter, and then a separate one for myself where I name my partner my sponsor. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?

Thanks!

noajthan

Re: EEA PR Number of applications to send

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 pm

One form.

Union citizen sponsor as 'main applicant'.
Skip sponsor section, Section 2.

Other family members entered as 'family members'.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

Post by treeboythethird » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Thank you, much appreciated!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:34 pm

treeboythethird wrote:Thank you, much appreciated!
Its a 'monster' form. Good supporting evidence required.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

EEA PR - Can I use blue ink?

Post by treeboythethird » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi

This is probably a stupid question, the EEA PR form says that black ink should be used, but will they reject the application if it's done in blue?

I can go out and buy a black pen just for this occasion, but just wanted to check how pedantic they are.

Thanks!

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

EEA Residence Permit - Expiry Date

Post by treeboythethird » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm

I am the spouse of a EEA national, and do qualify for PR, ie I have been in the UK for 5 years, and my wife has been employed constantly over these 5 years.

In my passport I have a residence card which has an expiry date of August this year. Although I can apply for PR I am considering waiting in case some agreement is reached for EEA citizens and getting PR could be easier in future (not holding my breath though).

My main question though is based on this expiry do I have to apply for PR asap, or do I have the luxury of waiting a bit. So essentially what happens if I dont apply for anything and my residence card "expires"?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:15 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.