ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapply or Appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Reapply or Appeal

Post by samira_uk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi,

One of my friends just got refused a spouse settlement entry clearance. His employer changed his legal status from sole-trader to limited company during her employment. ECO inquired from HMRC about her tax payments and wrongly reached a decision that her employment was terminated long before her application whereas the employment was not terminated just the employer's legal form.
Now she is refused due to the false information. She called HMRC and they are going to send a letter confirming her continuous employment and also the employer will supply documents explaining the situation.

Now, what is her best course of action? Reapply and supply all above documents to clarify the situation or appeal as she was refused due to the false information accusation?

Thanks in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Reapply or Appeal

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:20 pm

It may be best to clear his/her name, as false information allegation could have effect on subsequent applications if not rebutted.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:41 am

So you prefer appeal. It takes couple of months although. But does she have any chance in a fresh application?

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:26 pm

I have another question: what does HO mean by unaudited accounts? Is a profit/loss statement and a letter from the accountant that the business is exempted from audit fine or it should include balance sheet?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:34 pm

samira_uk wrote:I have another question: what does HO mean by unaudited accounts? Is a profit/loss statement and a letter from the accountant that the business is exempted from audit fine or it should include balance sheet?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1324370
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Thank you for your reply but I still cannot find my answer. Does it include balance sheet?