ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension 50k investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sunny111222333
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension 50k investment

Post by Sunny111222333 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 pm

hi fellows,

I came across this forum few weeks ago and it is very help full.
Actually I am going to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur extension 50k category in Feb. 2017. I need help on investment. I spend 35 k on new office, systems, ipads, marketing etc. Now I want to invest 15k more but I don’t know where shell I spend this amount. Can anyone help me about this my nature of business is business consultancy. And is anyone knows that my employees salaries will be treated as investment or expense? last thing is it necessary to spend all 50k in 3 years OR after 3 years in extension can I show some amount in a my account for future investment ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension 50k investment

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 pm

No need to spend it all. All expenses are accepted unless they are not allowed as given in the guide (property, own remuneration, etc)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sunny111222333
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension 50k investment from out of uk

Post by Sunny111222333 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi
I am going to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur Extension 50k. As I seen so many refusals on this forum on investment issue reasons were share capital or director loan.
I got visa in 2014 that time I showed my funds out of the UK in DUBAI bank account. After getting my visa I transferred all funds to my brother account in DUBAI so he can transfer to me time to time when I need funds. Now I got all funds but they are not transferred from my personal account. My brother directly transferred in my business account. And bank statements are showing his name as well.
Now I am confused that investment been not made by my personal account. So how can I explain this in extension application that these funds were belongs to me and I invested in business. Because I don’t want get refusal with this reasons that investment not made by me. Please any one can help me about this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 pm

There is no need for multiple topics with the same question. Keep ALL your queries on the same application in THIS topic.

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension 50k investment from out of

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:01 am

Sunny111222333 wrote:Hi
I am going to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur Extension 50k. As I seen so many refusals on this forum on investment issue reasons were share capital or director loan.
I got visa in 2014 that time I showed my funds out of the UK in DUBAI bank account. After getting my visa I transferred all funds to my brother account in DUBAI so he can transfer to me time to time when I need funds. Now I got all funds but they are not transferred from my personal account. My brother directly transferred in my business account. And bank statements are showing his name as well.
Now I am confused that investment been not made by my personal account. So how can I explain this in extension application that these funds were belongs to me and I invested in business. Because I don’t want get refusal with this reasons that investment not made by me. Please any one can help me about this.

To be honest, Rules require you to invest as a director to Company Business Account not your Brother unless if he is your Business Partner and Team Member(Tier 1 Ent)

Sunny111222333
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny111222333 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Guys.

I hope you are all good. Thx to reply on my previous post it helps me a lot.

As i told in my previous post that my investment been showed from out of uk. I need to invest some more money which i got in my personal account. I just want to know that this money is my saving from uk. So if i invest this in business. Is thier any law or rule that they can ask why this money not came from my back home because i showed in tier 1 entrepreneur application that my investment will come from dubai.
And
can i invest money before my visa expiry date OR it should be before accouting year end because my year ending on 22nd jan which is very short time. My visa is going to expire in March.
Plz share your opinions. Thx

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:12 am

zimba88 wrote:No need to spend it all. All expenses are accepted unless they are not allowed as given in the guide (property, own remuneration, etc)
Hi Zimba
Can he not show Staff salaries as investment out of those £50,000 ?
salaries can be counted as expense or investment out of those £50,000?
please clear if i a wrong?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:54 am

He can. The guide tells you what is NOT acceptable
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:03 am

zimba88 wrote:He can. The guide tells you what is NOT acceptable
It means he can show Salaries as investment , it shouldnt be a problem for him then to show investment.

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:04 am

Sunny111222333 wrote:hi fellows,

I came across this forum few weeks ago and it is very help full.
Actually I am going to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur extension 50k category in Feb. 2017. I need help on investment. I spend 35 k on new office, systems, ipads, marketing etc. Now I want to invest 15k more but I don’t know where shell I spend this amount. Can anyone help me about this my nature of business is business consultancy. And is anyone knows that my employees salaries will be treated as investment or expense? last thing is it necessary to spend all 50k in 3 years OR after 3 years in extension can I show some amount in a my account for future investment ?
Hi Sunny
could you please elaborate where did you actually invest £35 k and breakdown please so it will be more clear for everyone
thanks

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 am

zimba88 wrote:He can. The guide tells you what is NOT acceptable
Hi Zimba
and if someone works for your company like as self employed not on your payroll and they provide service to client on your company behalf.
and as a Company we charge from client and pay this self employed person , would that be counted as investment .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:27 am

Yes, payments to contractors are valid business expenses

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:37 am

zimba88 wrote:Yes, payments to contractors are valid business expenses
thanks
i paid around 12 thousand pound for one of my contractors
so i can consider that one as investment
thanks