ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Appeal Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eli17
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa Appeal Query

Post by eli17 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:38 pm

I applied for a visa for my wife, we have been rejected twice, I am currently waiting on the appeal decision. Our relationship has deteriorated, and we both want out of the marriage, but our families don't.

How can I get the home office to give us a NO to the appeal decision. So we can use that as a reason to end the marriage. Without our respective families knowing we had a hand in it?

She is back in Asia. I am in UK. We only have a marriage certificate from asia, not a court marriage in the uk.Its been two years of headache, and it just took its toll on us both. (And on my bank balance as the sponsor)

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate any guidance. Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spousal Visa Appeal Query

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Just withdraw the appeal.

What were the reasons for the two refusals?

It really should be you and your spouse's decision.

You don't need a UK marriage to initiate a divorce in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eli17
Newly Registered

Post by eli17 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:27 pm

thank you.

if i withdrew the appeal, would she/her family, be notified of that via a letter/email etc. as they have with previously at each stage of the application process. they get a copy of the letters etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:42 pm

The applicant should withdraw the appeal as it is their application.

What were the reasons for the two refusals? This will indicate on how likely an appeal will result in a refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:47 pm

And it would be prudent and mature to justify the withdrawal rather than relying on excuse of a 3rd party.

Otherwise what's to stop family conspiring together to have their happy couple reunited in home country if visa does not happen to materialise.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

eli17
Newly Registered

Post by eli17 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:37 am

thank you for taking the time to reply

first time it was they didn't think it was a genuine marriage, due to lack of communication. second time they said i wasn't able to prove i was in on going self employment, even though i had included tax returns on going bank statements and invoices to work.

so who should withdrew the appeal support? me or the wife. she is back in asia. i am here in uk. i have been doing all the paper work applications etc.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Your wife as the applicant should withdraw the appeal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.