ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will a job change impact ‘family of a settled person’

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lohith
Newly Registered

Will a job change impact ‘family of a settled person’

Post by lohith » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 am

Hello ImmigrationBoard,

Summary: I could get a contract job as an employee in a limited company which has filed 2 annual returns so far. Does moving from a permanent job in a credible IT Service multinational giant to a contracting job as an employee of a limited company has any impact on ‘family of a settled person’ visa?

Details: I have an ILR and was working overseas for an year. I returned to UK for the same employer on Nov 2016 and since I was paid differently in overseas, I am not able to meet the minimum annual salary of £18,600.
So I will have to wait for 6 months to apply for my spouse visa, when salary for each of the previous 6 months will be above required minimum.
I have been with the same employer (an Software MNC) in a permanent role for 11 years. I am thinking of changing jobs in Feb, as the market is good but most of the jobs are contracting.
I have a friend whose limited company has 3 employees and has which filed 2 annual returns so far.

Advice required on: In the past 6 months from the date of my spouse’s visa, I would have changed job. Do you foresee any issue with this move or do you suggest that this should not be an issue as long I meet the financial requirements.

Thanks,
10hith

ttcg

Re: Will a job change impact ‘family of a settled person’

Post by ttcg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:02 pm

At the moment, you are qualified for Category A in Financial Requirement.

If you change a job, you have to be qualified for Category B and need to submit the evidence for 12 months.

But as long as your income is over 18,600 for last 12 months, I believe it should be fine.

lohith
Newly Registered

Re: Will a job change impact ‘family of a settled person’

Post by lohith » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:13 am

Thank you for your reply.
My income for the past 12 months is above £18,600, but the salary earned was in both overseas (9 months) and in the UK (3 months).
Under category B, variable income, can we combine overseas salary and UK salary?

I have searched the forum and I have not found an answer for this. your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
10hith