ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Settlement Visa - Cat B Qualification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jasonw
Newly Registered

Fiance Settlement Visa - Cat B Qualification

Post by jasonw » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello all,

I am looking to apply for a Fiancee Settlement Visa in order to have my fiancee join me in the UK and then get married. I had just taken a contract job in September last year and I was not able to qualify for the financial requirements because I was self-employed/ working as a Director. I quit that contract at the end of December and have recently started a permanent job.

I was expecting to apply under Cat A in July after I had worked 6 months however after reading Cat B, I believe I qualify for that and wanted clarification/ confirmation on it.

So I know I dont qualify for Cat A as I would need to be with current employer for over 6 months. However, Cat B does not have a minimum period for current employer "There is no required minimum period for this current employment". So I believe there are 2 parts in order to qualify for this, 1. is that I should be in salaried employment at the time of application and 2. the person must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement.

So in terms of the situation now. I have just started a new permanent job last week with a salary over £18,600 (which means I qualify for part 1). If we go into the past 12 months, I had salaried employment up until August and then I went contracting. However, the income that I got from salaried employment from April (I start from April as I would expect to apply then) to December was over 18,600 (which I believe means I qualify for part 2).

Would I be correct in saying that I would qualify for the financial requirements for a Cat B?

Once again, any help and guidance will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

jasonw
Newly Registered

Re: Fiance Settlement Visa - Cat B Qualification

Post by jasonw » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Can anyone help with this?