ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2- Immigration Health surcharge query! Please help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

worried_chap
Newly Registered

Tier 2- Immigration Health surcharge query! Please help!

Post by worried_chap » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello,

I am currently in the UK on tier 4 student visa, applied for tier 2 visa for the second time recently (applied for premium service and my appointment is next week).

A short history- I had applied for the tier 2 visa a couple of months ago but it was refused because I didn't have my original degree certificates with me yet.

And during my second application. I didn't pay the IHS but entered the IHS ref number from my previous application (assuming it is still active and not refunded!) and completed my application, also booked for an appointment!

But yesterday, I saw in my bank statement that the IHS which I had paid during my first application was refunded a day after my second visa application! Scared, I have now paid IHS separately and holding the ref number with me.

In short, I have made an online application for a premium service with an invalid IHS ref number! Is it possible that I will be allowed to give my new ref number on the day of the appointment?

Any advice/help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

monushh

Re: Tier 2- Immigration Health surcharge query! Please help!

Post by monushh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:32 pm

I had an issue with IHS for my dependant.

The best thing you could possible do is to speak to the UKVI using their paid services contact number(you can get the number from the gov.uk website).

Mention them about your situation, seek their advise and note the call reference number at the end.

As they advised me they might ask you to take a cover letter mentioning about your sutuation(where you can put call ref num.) along with your applicaion and pay your IHS at the centre.

But just to make you aware- this could be one of the possible sloutions only, cant guarantee this may apply to your situation!

Good luck!