ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT and daughter doing GCSE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stayuk123
Newly Registered

ICT and daughter doing GCSE

Post by stayuk123 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:28 am

Hi team,

I am on Tier 2 ICT and reached UK on 1-Mar-2014. My spouse and children reached here on 12-Apr-2014 and we have stayed in UK continuously during this duration. I earn more than 40,000 GBP per annum. I recently had my UK renewal done and have UK visa validity up to 10-Feb-2019

My daughter is currently in Year 9 and will be going into GCSE this summer. She will be completing her GCSE in Summer/July-2019. Since I have a shortage of 4 months between my allowed period of stay in UK and her GCSE exams, is there any option for extension or get extended stay to remain in UK based on her studies. If so, what is the process ? She has very good academic records and the school is willing to help if there is any option available.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ICT and daughter doing GCSE

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:36 am

With the British Council one can take GSCE exams abroad so I doubt there's any justifiable reason to grant an extension.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

stayuk123
Newly Registered

Re: ICT and daughter doing GCSE

Post by stayuk123 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:37 am

Thank you very much for the response Wanderer. I will check on that option. Any idea if me and my daughter can go to another country before visa expires and come to UK during Jul 2019 mainly for writing the exams provided we have the relevant paper work from school. Since she is till too young to travel alone, I may have to accompany her