ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is RLMT required for Tier 2 Extension?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kumar114
Member of Standing

Is RLMT required for Tier 2 Extension?

Post by kumar114 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,
Just a quick question?
I am due to extend my TIER 2 VISA in July.
Is RLMT required for doing an extension also?

kind regards
kumar

krisv

Re: Is RLMT required for Tier 2 Extension?

Post by krisv » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:30 am

Hi Kumar,

An extension is if you are going to be doing the same job, at the same company and under the same SOC code. It does not need RLMT.

When I did my extension, the HR did the following in the SMS (Copied from my COS)

Q: Have you met the resident labour market test?: Y

Q: Give details of the resident labour market test including where and when the post was advertised and reference number(s) for mandatory advertising:

A: Resident labour market test is not required as migrant has been employed by company for 3 years under Tier 2 General and is applying for extension.

Hope this helps.

PS: Please ensure that your sponsor has obtained/applied for COS allocation. Mine didnt. It took about 4 weeks to get it allocated (Dec 2014/Jan 2015). Nowadays I hear it can be anywhere from 8 to 18 weeks.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 am

krisv wrote:Hi Kumar,

An extension is if you are going to be doing the same job, at the same company and under the same SOC code. It does not need RLMT.

When I did my extension, the HR did the following in the SMS (Copied from my COS)

Q: Have you met the resident labour market test?: Y

Q: Give details of the resident labour market test including where and when the post was advertised and reference number(s) for mandatory advertising:

A: Resident labour market test is not required as migrant has been employed by company for 3 years under Tier 2 General and is applying for extension.

Hope this helps.

PS: Please ensure that your sponsor has obtained/applied for COS allocation. Mine didnt. It took about 4 weeks to get it allocated (Dec 2014/Jan 2015). Nowadays I hear it can be anywhere from 8 to 18 weeks.
Thank you very much @krisv
And yes it is the same job, at the same company and under the same SOC code.

One small query though...
There is one document which says like this:-
CoS allocation
Limit: 2
Unused: 1

Does that mean my company do not have to apply for COS allocation?

kind regards
kumar

krisv

Post by krisv » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:28 pm

By what you said, YES, your company has a COS that can be issued to you.

Someone may be able to correct/verify what I am saying here:

I believe that COS allocations are renewed in April each year and any unused COS would expire at the end of March. I think requests for allocations for the next year are made during Sept/Oct??

Since your application would be around June/July, the unused COS would expire at end of March and your employer should have requested the 2017 COS in 2016.

If they have not already done it, push them to request a COS for you as soon as possible.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:06 pm

they could issue this remaining cos on 30 march with start date of 29 June and you can apply between 30 march to 29 june.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm

krisv wrote:By what you said, YES, your company has a COS that can be issued to you.

Someone may be able to correct/verify what I am saying here:

I believe that COS allocations are renewed in April each year and any unused COS would expire at the end of March. I think requests for allocations for the next year are made during Sept/Oct??

Since your application would be around June/July, the unused COS would expire at end of March and your employer should have requested the 2017 COS in 2016.

If they have not already done it, push them to request a COS for you as soon as possible.

Thanks @krisv :)

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:42 pm

iworker wrote:they could issue this remaining cos on 30 march with start date of 29 June and you can apply between 30 march to 29 june.
@iworker Thank you. :)
I was not aware of that expiry thing...
So I can ask my company to issue me a COS during March. is that correct?

kind regards
Kumar

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:02 pm

yes

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:02 pm

iworker wrote:yes
@iworker Thanks again. :)