ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - question 7.8 advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scoobydoolondon

FLR(M) - question 7.8 advice

Post by scoobydoolondon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 am

Section 7C - Accommodation
7.8 Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in the UK?

We are living with parents and have been since the initial fiancé and spouse visa applications 3 years ago.

I'm completing the FLR(M) to extend my wife's visa by 30 months and wanted advice on how to answer question 7.8 (as above).

We bought our own home a few months ago but have started renovations and won't be able to move in for 6 months.

Should we answer 7.8 as our current address (living with parents) or our new home (which we won't move into for another 6 months)? We plan to submit the FLR(M) next month.

Also, do we need to provide a property inspection survey? We did so on the first spouse visa application, is it needed / nice-to-have on the second spouse extension?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - question 7.8 advice

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:36 am

Should we answer 7.8 as our current address (living with parents) or our new home (which we won't move into for another 6 months)? We plan to submit the FLR(M) next month.
If that is where you live then that is what you state. It isn't a trick question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scoobydoolondon

FLR(M) question 5.10

Post by scoobydoolondon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 am

5.10 Have you ever remained in the UK beyond the validity of your visa?

How do I answer this one?

Before I even knew her, my wife came to UK on family visit visa for 6 months. Prior to expiration, she applied for an extension which was refused and they appealed. Prior to appeal, she left UK and retracted the appeal.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) question 5.10

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Answer honestly and provide an explanation. HO will know all of this.

How did she answer a similar question in her initial spouse visa application form?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scoobydoolondon

Post by scoobydoolondon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:43 pm

CR001 wrote:Answer honestly and provide an explanation. HO will know all of this.

How did she answer a similar question in her initial spouse visa application form?

That's just it, I don't recall how I answered this question last time round. I *suspect* it was No (see below)

I've heard that once under appeal, the visa is effectively extended to the date of the appeal - can someone pls confirm?

Any advice on how to answer 5.10 would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

noajthan

Re: FLR(M) - question 7.8 advice

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts - its all same case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

scoobydoolondon wrote:
CR001 wrote:Answer honestly and provide an explanation. HO will know all of this.

That's just it, I don't recall how I answered this question last time round. I *suspect* it was No (see below)

I've heard that once under appeal, the visa is effectively extended to the date of the appeal - can someone pls confirm?

Any advice on how to answer 5.10 would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
You're going about this in a wrong way.
There is no best or favourable answer and you can't game the system.

Only you (applicant) know the correct answer in your case.

You may get sight of past applications via a SAR from UKVI.

And do yourself a favour, keep scans/copies of all immigration papers, forms, supporting evidence that you ever submit - for ever.
Beats me how anyone can hope to traverse the Crystal Maze of UK immigration without doing so.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.