ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unfit Trump makes clear that Brexit trade will be America 1s

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Unfit Trump makes clear that Brexit trade will be America 1s

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Finally my worst nightmare has become a reality. Donald Trump, the most inept person ever to aspire to the office of President of the USA, the man that was rejected by 54% of the US electorate, has finally taken power. He is the President of the USA, can you beleive it.

He has made clear that in any trade deal, his mantra will be America First, therefore it will be interested to see this deal that Gove and Johnson has been talking about.

At moment UK's biggest trading partner is EU where 44% of export goes, America takes a distant second at about 9-10%, and with trump saying the non-sense he was saying earlier on, then UK and the right wing zealots have a lot to be concerned about.

A total non-brainer, to leave a market of 500 million and be under the mercy of an unstable DOnald Trump, quite frightening indeed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Re: Unfit Trump makes clear that Brexit trade will be Americ

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 pm

I fail to see how that is relevant to discussions on the Brexit referendum on an immigration forums website. I am sure that moderators will reflect not very kindly on a thread only tangentially, if at all, related to the substance of discussion on these forums.
Obie wrote: the man that was rejected by 54% of the US electorate
Another way of looking at this is "the legally elected and duly sworn in President of the United States". However detestable he may be in person, his election met the legal requirements.

The Americans voted, their decision was ratified through the conventional constitutional processes (the Electoral College) and the victor was duly sworn in. The triumph of impersonal law over emotional reactions.

It is worth remembering that Iustitia, Lady Justice, is invariably represented blind or blindfolded. She is, like Fortuna, another blind or blind-folded personification, impersonal and dispassionate.

At the end of the day, what matters in society is following the law and not the consciences of one heart, which is only a formula for anarchy. Consciences are for private reflection and self-improvement, not for the social sphere. As I have suggested before, why should one person's sincerely held conscience trump another's? No pun intended.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Firstly I think i may need to explain to you that Brexit and the Referendum is not just about Freemovement of person or immigration, it is about the rights the UK enjoys with the Single market, the ability to trade. Therefore the speech of Trump in regards to the fact that his trade will always be America first, and that he will develop a protectionist policy, then it is a matter of relevance to the referendum and brexit, and it is worthy of discussion.

I was not talking about Trumps inauguration, as far as i am concern it was a non-event for me, i was talking about his views on trade and how it affects brexit and the ambition of the brexit minister to have a good trade.

I think that is relevant to the thread, as it is an issue relevant to the referendum.

I know it is a bit complex, but i hope you will understand, i can provide clarification if you encounter difficulties.

I think the purveyor of Brexit says we will get a free trade deal within 90 days and if Trump says otherwise, then it is a topic of importance to this tread.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Ahh, I understand. So, this forum is meant to cover all aspects of Brexit, not just free movement. So long as it is somehow related to Brexit, it can be raised here.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.