ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student loan

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xexe810xx
Newly Registered

Student loan

Post by xexe810xx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello everyone ı have few questions that ı couldn't figured out. Hope I opened topic at right place.
I am married with EU citizen and we are moved UK and ı applied to BRP and ı taked . we are young couples still in 20s :), ı am working full time and my wife(EU) citizen working part time so which is alright. I want to study and ı finished high school at my country and everyone knows finance is big problem and ı heard that for non-eu citizens more expensive so I want to study at University not Collage and also we are still young and which is more interested. I am holding 5years RC.

Questions :

1- How can I get student finance( loan) ?
2- Young age isn't good enough for applying loan ?

if I wrote on wrong page or topic apologising.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Student loan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Start here:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk

Note a loan is not a 'benefit' - it has to be repaid.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm

xexe810xx
Newly Registered

Post by xexe810xx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

So I am okay with repaid(loan) or benefit(if I can get) I will start to check another question is ;

3 Years rule this is scared me .. (you’ve been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm

xexe810xx wrote:So I am okay with repaid(loan) or benefit(if I can get) I will start to check another question is ;

3 Years rule this is scared me .. (you’ve been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course)
Or 3 years in EU.
Rules is rules. Just find the one you can comply with.

xexe810xx
Newly Registered

Post by xexe810xx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm

First thank you for answering my questions and patience.

so 3 years rule included EU as well so total I lived (uk-eu) 1,5years ıts not enough, ı don't really know what to do this 3 years rule its necessary or not like ı want to go uni I am okay with repay for the future, what can ı do for loan

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:02 pm

xexe810xx wrote:First thank you for answering my questions and patience.

so 3 years rule included EU as well so total I lived (uk-eu) 1,5years ıts not enough, ı don't really know what to do this 3 years rule its necessary or not like ı want to go uni I am okay with repay for the future, what can ı do for loan
Where have you lived for past 3 years?

18 months in UK?
- where else?

If you meet the rules you can apply.
If you don't you will have to finance yourself, through your own resources, with family help, and/or private bank loans, parttime jobs etc etc.

I and others here have done some or all of those things so no doubt you can too. (For example I had a family, house and mortgage to keep at the time too - as well as full-time study).

xexe810xx
Newly Registered

Post by xexe810xx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 pm

okay.. you have crazy amount experience ı am still new with those ,

I lived in Romania(EU country) almost 7-7,5 months than moved to UK since March I am living from May I am working Full Time I was studying Uni at second year ı quite which is home country Turkey. I don't have finance this is the only problem, ı can't get any family help.., I checked little bit banks and too much commission
even full time working is not enough to pay like impossible, ı thought about working 2 jobs 20h but still waste time and its crazy much... its like ı am done I don't know what to do ..

by the way really you have done good think but how you can pay or ı mean ıts to much , mortgage,family,uni etc...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm

xexe810xx wrote:okay.. you have crazy amount experience ı am still new with those ,

I lived in Romania(EU country) almost 7-7,5 months than moved to UK since March I am living from May I am working Full Time I was studying Uni at second year ı quite which is home country Turkey. I don't have finance this is the only problem, ı can't get any family help.., I checked little bit banks and too much commission
even full time working is not enough to pay like impossible, ı thought about working 2 jobs 20h but still waste time and its crazy much... its like ı am done I don't know what to do ..

by the way really you have done good think but how you can pay or ı mean ıts to much , mortgage,family,uni etc...
I had a parttime job, worked full-time every summer and winter vacation.
Cut expenses to the bone.
Still it nearly killed me - but it paid off in the end.
Family support is vital.

The only other thing you can do is look into bursaries and scholarships.
But at end of day it will come down to you and immediate family.
Good luck.

xexe810xx
Newly Registered

Post by xexe810xx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:29 pm

thank you very much your opinions ı need to do good research and try otherwise ıts not good ..
thanks a lot

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Perhaps get your EU citizen spouse to exercise treaty rights in a country that will give you free or cheap universtiy fees?

There is a list here from a US site.
https://www.student.com/articles/countr ... ee-europe/

You can google and find other EEA countries who do this.