ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help my sister: want to get settled in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

juhi

please help my sister: want to get settled in UK

Post by juhi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Hello helpers,
I was fortunate enough to get guidance through this site at my stressful time.Thanks all. I'm back this time to help my sister who really want to get settled in Uk.
A bit of my sister's background: She is a qualified teacher (M.sc; B.Ed maths and physics as her subject) with 15 years of experience and is working in Saudia Arabia since 6 years. Before that she worked in India as an Assistant Head. She as a Single mother have 4 kids, the eldest one is 14 years and the youngest is 5 years. She wants her children to have their further education in UK.

I have done a bit of research and applied for her in many schools and agencies here, though there is a shortage of Maths and Physics teachers which have learnt from UKBA site, we had no success. Have posted her CV on REED, INDEED, MONSTER, LINKEDIN, HAYS AND HOURGLASS EDUCATION in hope that any sponsor could get her. Please may I know if there is any route for her beside sponsorship and business visa which seems to be impossible.
Thinking of applyng for her son's student tier4 visa for which again we need to know which universities offer the courses and sponsor her kids for education.
Thank you all for your patience to read my long query and appreciate your guidance.

noajthan

Re: please help my sister: want to get settled in UK

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Tier 2 for mom.

Minors will need to reside in UK for 3 years in order to qualify for Home fees status.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 pm

The mother can apply for the Tier 2 (sponsorship), Tier 4 (studies) or spousal (if married to a person settled in the UK) routes. Alternatively, if married to an EEA citizen, she can enter as the family member of an EEA citizen, though attainment of PR under this route is as yet unclear.

The eldest child is unlikely to be able to get registered as a British citizen. His/her immigration status will be in line with that of the mother (assuming sole custody) and it will take five years for the child to attain ILR (along with the mother). The child will therefore have to naturalise meeting all the usual rules.

The other children could potentially register as British citizens before the age of 18 if their mother has acquired ILR at least and they can demonstrate that their future lies in the UK.

Given that at this point in time her UK immigration status is zero, she may also want to look at other countries for immigration. You may wish to check in the US, Canada and Australia and New Zealand forums on this website. Also consider the rest of the EU.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

juhi

Post by juhi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

noajthan wrote:Tier 2 for mom.

Minors will need to reside in UK for 3 years in order to qualify for Home fees status.
Thanks for ur response noajthan. Tier2 is the option which we knew but how to search for the sponsors? Cannot find any schools which are willing to sponsor though shortage of those subject teachers. Have searched for schools in the list given by UKBA
As for now she is planning to come on a visit but can she personally go to schools or agencies and submit her cv and get any sponsors for her?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:15 am

Given the shortage of maths and physics teachers and the lack of success you have had with submitting her CV there is obviously something else that is deterring potential Sponsors. I have assumed you only submitted her CV to schools holding a Tier2 licence?

Was any part of her graduate education achieved in the U.K.? If not then that is a major disadvantage as there is a general perception that only candidates with qualifications from USA Canada Australia New Zealand and maybe South Africa make the grade. There is a reluctance to take nationals where English is not the country's first language.