ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee or Spouse Visa helpppp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Eve 777
Newly Registered

Fiancee or Spouse Visa helpppp

Post by Eve 777 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi All

This is an amazing site that allows you to not feel alone in this immigration madness.

I met my partner in Jamaica Nov 2015 after being informally introduced via my cousin and chatting by phone for a few months prior to meeting up.

After a couple of days of bliss and many late night chats we established we were soulmates and wanted to make a life together.

Long distance relationships are very difficult and at times we get really frustrated with the longing to be with each other. However, I have been to see him twice 2016 and with whatsapp throughout the day and IMO video calls we have a strong bond.

I have a foster daughter with whom I am in the process of getting a special guardianship who has been to Jamaica and met him who can not wait for him to be her stepdad over here. She has had a horrendous past and me and my fiancee are dedicated to give her the best life ever as we see her as our own child. We need to be together for her too so we can begin to be a real family.

We applied for a visiting visa twice and was refused with the same scenarios I have read on this site that they believe he will not return home and my funds are not enough, the second time was my bank statements did not look genuine etc.
It seemed clear that it was a money making process for them as their explanation was very weak with all the evidence sent.
Since then as the love has grown stronger my partner proposed over video call and I have accepted as I can not see myself with anyone else.
So happy to be on track again we need to decide on whether to apply for a fiancee visa and get married in uk or get married in Jamaica and apply for a spouse visa.
I think fiancee would be better as travelling to and from Jamaica to arrange wedding and factoring in all the flights, accommodation and spending money of all those who want to attend it would be better for him to come here. However, some have said it is better to do it there.
I am also interested to know if it is better to higher a solicitor to improve application success. I work part time and do my fostering. I have been told the fostering money can be factored into the financial threshold but I have only been in my current job 2 months which this needs to be 6 months. I am wondering as I have been fostering for 3.5 years is that classed as employment?
Also, what evidence helps with the application, I don't have phone records as we talk on whatsapp and IMO video call. We have plenty of photos and videos but what else will help.

One day I know this will be a success fairy tale and I will be here to help anyone who is going through similar circumstances.

Thank you in advance

Eve

ps Saving up for the two visas and a wedding plus proving we have savings to not rely on public funds. please help if you can, any thing small or large would be really appreciated.

Moderator edit: External link to fund raising site removed under forum Ts&Cs

SoHopeful

Re: Fiancee or Spouse Visa helpppp

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:02 am

Eve 777 wrote:Hi All

This is an amazing site that allows you to not feel alone in this immigration madness.

I met my partner in Jamaica Nov 2015 after being informally introduced via my cousin and chatting by phone for a few months prior to meeting up.

After a couple of days of bliss and many late night chats we established we were soulmates and wanted to make a life together.

Long distance relationships are very difficult and at times we get really frustrated with the longing to be with each other. However, I have been to see him twice 2016 and with whatsapp throughout the day and IMO video calls we have a strong bond.

I have a foster daughter with whom I am in the process of getting a special guardianship who has been to Jamaica and met him who can not wait for him to be her stepdad over here. She has had a horrendous past and me and my fiancee are dedicated to give her the best life ever as we see her as our own child. We need to be together for her too so we can begin to be a real family.

We applied for a visiting visa twice and was refused with the same scenarios I have read on this site that they believe he will not return home and my funds are not enough, the second time was my bank statements did not look genuine etc.
It seemed clear that it was a money making process for them as their explanation was very weak with all the evidence sent.
Since then as the love has grown stronger my partner proposed over video call and I have accepted as I can not see myself with anyone else.
So happy to be on track again we need to decide on whether to apply for a fiancee visa and get married in uk or get married in Jamaica and apply for a spouse visa.
I think fiancee would be better as travelling to and from Jamaica to arrange wedding and factoring in all the flights, accommodation and spending money of all those who want to attend it would be better for him to come here. However, some have said it is better to do it there.
My husband is Jamaican and I decided it would be easier and cheaper in the long run (as a couple, not wedding party) to get married there and apply for a spouse visa. But it's down to personal preference. It works out cheaper in regards to ceremony costs and not having to pay for the another visa within 6 months as the fiance visa is basically just to get married.

I am also interested to know if it is better to higher a solicitor to improve application success. I work part time and do my fostering. I have been told the fostering money can be factored into the financial threshold but I have only been in my current job 2 months which this needs to be 6 months. I am wondering as I have been fostering for 3.5 years is that classed as employment?
Fostering I believe is seen as self employment so you could use that income but you need to find out if you can combine self employment with the part time job to meet the requirement of £18,600. Many use forums like this and are able to do the applications themselves - myself included - but in the early days I did approach professionals for initial consultations to be clear about how to go about everything.
Also, what evidence helps with the application, I don't have phone records as we talk on whatsapp and IMO video call. We have plenty of photos and videos but what else will help.
Screenshot your call records from What's App and Imo and any other platform you use to communicate. Videos wont be looked at.
One day I know this will be a success fairy tale and I will be here to help anyone who is going through similar circumstances.

Thank you in advance

Eve

ps Saving up for the two visas and a wedding plus proving we have savings to not rely on public funds. please help if you can, any thing small or large would be really appreciated.

You won't need savings if you meet the requirement with your income.

Moderator edit: External link to fund raising site removed under forum Ts&Cs