ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport and Annotations...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EnglishDave
Newly Registered

Irish Passport and Annotations...

Post by EnglishDave » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 am

So, after Brexit and because I had previously worked in Ireland, the future is uncertain, and I could be back again, and as one of my grand-fathers was born in Newry, I have been able get gain an Irish passport. That's my Brexit sorted.

Now, while the application to get on the FBR was uneventful, the passport application was a bit fraught: apparently on the passport photo there are certain things to avoid- head coverings, wearing military uniform, making political statements etc. so I avoided this and wore a white shirt, blue navy suit and tie. I looked really smart, only thing was the navy blue tie was covered in small English flags.

So when I submitted the application by hand there was an objection. The claim was that there was a reflection from my glasses (not the real reason) and so they suggested I go to the pharmacy down the road and have them retaken. I was wearing my "rags" at the time, so I said fine, I have a meeting soon but I'll return later. So I went back home, changed, and had my photo taken without my glasses (and with my English tie) and went back with the photos.

Ha ha ha, the staff couldn't believe it! But they had to take the photos! So, I've eventually received the passport. They've tried to cut off as much as possible, but the Cross of St. George is clearly there on the knot of the tie and a bit more!

So, my question is this: On page 3 there is an image of the island of Ireland. It states in the literature that you can't modify the passport. But on page 3 I want to draw in the border, put an X where my grandfather was born (in N.I.), colour the whole province (pink obviously) and add a U.K. Annotation to N.I. ...

So, would doing this invalidate my passport?
Last edited by EnglishDave on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

vinny

Re: Irish Passport and Annotations...

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:37 am

Will doodling on my passport make it invalid? wrote:At the end of the day, though, it's a question of risk and reward. The only reward is personal satisfaction; the risk, though, is the considerable cost and hassle of being denied entry. Which is why most of us keep our passports undecorated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.