ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Dependent Eligibility for ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kogantivijay
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) Dependent Eligibility for ILR

Post by kogantivijay » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi everyone

Can you please help me with the below query. I have searched the forum but couldn't find any thing matching my condition

1. I have got Tier-1 General in 1-April-2011 for 2Years
2. Married in June 2012 and my wife applied for Visa outside UK in August-2012 and joined me in UK in Sept-2012
3. Have got a extension for me & my wife in 15-March-2013 for 3years i.e upto 1-April-2016

4. I will be eligible to apply for ILR prior to my visa expiry date i.e 1-Apriil-2016 as i will be completing 5Years and there is no gap of more than 180 days and i have enough points..

But I was told that my wife is not eligible for ILR as she came to UK after June-2012 and based on new visa rules she has to stay for 5 Years to get ILR. So which Visa i need to apply for her when i will be applying for ILR and should i need to worry about Visa Extension for Tier-1 General being closed in April 2015 ?

Thanks in advance. Do let me know if you need further details.

Malik44

Re: Tier 1 (G) Dependent Eligibility for ILR

Post by Malik44 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:25 pm

kogantivijay wrote:Hi everyone

Can you please help me with the below query. I have searched the forum but couldn't find any thing matching my condition

2. Married in June 2012 and my wife applied for Visa outside UK in August-2012 and joined me in UK in Sept-2012
3. Have got a extension for me & my wife in 15-March-2013 for 3years i.e upto 1-April-2016

4. I will be eligible to apply for ILR prior to my visa expiry date i.e 1-Apriil-2016 as i will be completing 5Years and there is no gap of more than 180 days and i have enough points..

But I was told that my wife is not eligible for ILR as she came to UK after June-2012 and based on new visa rules she has to stay for 5 Years to get ILR.

Correct she need to spend 5 years continuous residence in order to qualify for ILR

So which Visa i need to apply for her when i will be applying for ILR and
you will apply Tier 1 G dependent extension for her form is
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf
for detailed required documents read UKBA policy guideline

should i need to worry about Visa Extension for Tier-1 General being closed in April 2015 ?
No

kogantivijay
Newly Registered

Post by kogantivijay » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Malik44 wrote:
kogantivijay wrote:Hi everyone

But I was told that my wife is not eligible for ILR as she came to UK after June-2012 and based on new visa rules she has to stay for 5 Years to get ILR.

Correct she need to spend 5 years continuous residence in order to qualify for ILR

So which Visa i need to apply for her when i will be applying for ILR and
you will apply Tier 1 G dependent extension for her form is
for detailed required documents read UKBA policy guideline

Thanks, so i assume she can apply for Tier 1 G dependent when i am applying for ILR..can we apply both the applications together ? If so how can she apply for Tier 1 G Dependent when my Tier 1 General visa will expire in 10-15 days before my ILR application.

should i need to worry about Visa Extension for Tier-1 General being closed in April 2015 ?
No
Thats a relief how ever i am still not quite clear how can she apply Tier 1 G dendependt when my visa expires on April 2016 and when can she apply Tier 1 G dependent visa as earlier when she applied after marriage they didn't give for 2Years but until my expiry date.

Thanks a lot for your help. can you please answer my questions

vsk106

Post by vsk106 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:00 am

Hi kogantivijay,
I am also in the same situation as you. I would like to double check with you
your wife got extension as Tier1(General) dependent?
If yes what duration is it 2years / until your expiry?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 am

vsk106 wrote:Hi kogantivijay,
I am also in the same situation as you. I would like to double check with you
your wife got extension as Tier1(General) dependent?
If yes what duration is it 2years / until your expiry?
This thread is over 2 years old :!: Member kogantivijay only posted twice and hasn't visited the forum since Nov 11 2014.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.