ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with visitors visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

erasmusdt
Newly Registered

Re: Need help with visitors visa

Post by erasmusdt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:11 pm

14 year olds hardly need childcare and yes I know how much childcare is as we previously employed an child minder IN THE UK

Also I intend to arrive after the kids and also apply for my visa after they arrive
Last edited by erasmusdt on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 pm

erasmusdt wrote:14 year olds hardly need childcare
Its a question of risk.
https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

erasmusdt
Newly Registered

Post by erasmusdt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:21 pm

noajthan wrote:
Its a question of risk.

Yes I know...been there before and yes you may have a 14 year old stay at home granted the enviroment is safe, the children resposible and their needs taken care of.

People we lived in the UK for 5 years...these things you raise isnt news and you need not conscern yourselves with these issues as we have crossed all these bridges many times. We are rather apt at living in the UK. The only questions we had was regarding visitors visas as we never dealt with those but on other matters you are bringing up things we have solutions to.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:36 pm

erasmusdt wrote:
noajthan wrote:
Its a question of risk.

Yes I know...been there before and yes you may have a 14 year old stay at home granted the enviroment is safe, the children resposible and their needs taken care of.

People we lived in the UK for 5 years...these things you raise isnt news and you need not conscern yourselves with these issues as we have crossed all these bridges many times. We are rather apt at living in the UK. The only questions we had was regarding visitors visas as we never dealt with those but on other matters you are bringing up things we have solutions to.
All your questions are predicated on getting visit visas which is an expensive approach when you have concerns about IHS surcharge in first place.

It is most unlikely they will be granted with the history of ancestry visas and one parent on or applying for ancestry visa again.
It declares your hand and gives the game away.
Child will most likely be viewed as a potential overstayer not as someone who will diligently return home and apply as an ancestry dependent later.

The clearest, lowest immigration risk way ahead is to leave minors in school in home country until visas are financed and secured.
Rather than attempting to use visit visas as a proxy for childcare whilst disrupting education at a critical age.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:40 pm

With the risk of being shot as the messenger, bearing in mind that cost-saving is your priority, consider that if you are fortunate to secure employment in the UK but intend to return to SA while your children apply for their dependent visas, you may be in for a considerable grant of leave while you wait for these to be processed and approved. Or perhaps you have a plan B :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.