ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British expat returning with non-EU wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ibzo

British expat returning with non-EU wife

Post by ibzo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello,

I'm a British expat living outside of the EU with a non-EU wife and 2 British children. I want to return to the UK with my whole family and I'm unsure with regards to the accomodation requirements.

Do I apply using the VA4FA form as those who are currently residing in the UK do? and as such, must I prove that I already have accomodation in the UK?

I meet the financial requirement and my wife meets the language requirement, and we can easily show that we have a subsisting marriage (I hope!) but if we are abroad, how do we prove we have accomodation in the UK? I want to avoid separating from my family to live in London and get a flat etc. to prove the accomodation requirement, but I'm unsure if that is possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: British expat returning with non-EU wife

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Do you have relative/friend/family member in uk who has sufficient accomodation? If yes then it can help you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Yes, I have brothers and family in the UK along with many friends. What is the criteria for sufficient accomodation and how would that help me?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Ask one of them who has sufficient area of accomodation to issue you a letter to accomodate you and family in property and can attach property documents like mortgage statement/deed poll/land registry etc (it's just to strengthen case).
Also see accomodation size and it's suitability to avoid overcrowding at below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:27 pm

ibzo wrote:Yes, I have brothers and family in the UK along with many friends. What is the criteria for sufficient accomodation and how would that help me?
See Section 12.1 in this link for how accommodation will be considered as adequate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

If you have family or friends who have sufficient room to accommodate you, they should provide a letter of invitation and a description of the space that will be available for you and your family.

Edit: link also posted by Seagul
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Great. Thanks guys

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Before you go, simply as belt & braces , are you qualifying with savings?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:54 pm

No, qualifying as salary. I'm already on a salary in excess of £18,600 and plan to come to the UK via my company on a salary also above £18,600

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:13 pm

ibzo wrote:No, qualifying as salary. I'm already on a salary in excess of £18,600 and plan to come to the UK via my company on a salary also above £18,600
Good to go then!
(Casa, not CR001)