ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Application - Withdraw passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ribena

EEA4 Application - Withdraw passport

Post by ribena » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Good afternoon all,

Hope someone could advise me on the following please?
I am a Non-EEA national, divorced in summer 2011 and retained right of residence in early February 2013.
I have been working full time since I arrived in the UK in 2008 with my ex partner.

I have just sent my EEA4 application for Permanent Residence card on 10th January 2017, (payment was taken on 12th January) - only to be informed by my company that they would need me to attend trade shows in Spain and Italy at the end of April/May. I have read in this forum that to request for return of my passport (and not having my application rejected by Home Office) it could take at 10 working days or longer in some cases here.

I haven't receive a letter yet to do the biometric or any other letter/email from Home Office. I've read timelines here that it usually takes a month for applicant to receive their letter for birmetic

My questions are:
1. Do I wait till I do the biometric and then request for the passport to be returned to me due to work? Or
2. Do I wait for the CoA to be issued to me then request for passport to be returned? (Frankly I am a bit confused to why we are issued CoA again when we retain the right to residence?)
3. Do I need to show proof that my company would be exhibiting in these trade shows when I request for the return of my passport?
4. Can I request for Home Office to expedite them sending the letter to do biometric?

Thank you for everyone's help. Have a good day :)