ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settled visa applying from India - Confusing case

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Poornima Venkatesh
Newly Registered

Spouse settled visa applying from India - Confusing case

Post by Poornima Venkatesh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi,

Immigration Boards is a great platform for people like us who are really confused with some stuff and finding anwers to the questions. Thanks to all the people involved and you guys are doing a fabulous job.

So my case is a bit confusing and need answers to the below:

I am an ILR and currently transiting into British Citizen which i am going to get next month(Feb 2017 end) as I have received my Oath letter(combined application) and will get it before end of Feb. I am getting married Feb 2017 first week and looking to apply for the spouse dependent visa second week of feb, however i will still be on ILR while applying but when the application is under process I would be British Citizen most likely. So I need the experts to give me an advise like, should i carry on as a ILR sponsorer for my wife or should i wait then convert to British and then apply as dependent for my wife.

Also i have another question with regards to the financial documents required as I have set up a new company about 10 months ago so no returns but i have got the below documents from my accountant, do i need anything else, pls advise:

Payslips for 8 months until Dec, 2016
Dividend vouchers
Accountant letter saying this payslips and dividend is geniune
Council Tax letter
House Lease agreement

Since this is an arranged marriage, do i still need to prove any other stuff to prive genenuity apart from the below:
Wedding Photograph
Wedding card
Registration certificate

Any other info is needed?

Please advise on this below as soon as you can.

Thanks

Prithvi

secret.simon

Re: Spouse settled visa applying from India - Confusing case

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm

There is no difference between the spouse visa of a person on ILR and a British citizen. So, your sponsorship of your spouse should be unaffected by your acquisition of British citizenship. It is neither a factor in favour, nor against.

No problems with arranged marriage, except that of course you must have met your bride in person. Skype only marriages may run into some difficulty.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Poornima Venkatesh
Newly Registered

Post by Poornima Venkatesh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:15 am

Cool thanks Simon. Do i need to mention this in my covering letter while applying for spouse dependent visa?

Poornima Venkatesh
Newly Registered

{URGENT} Spouse dependent visa English language requirements

Post by Poornima Venkatesh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi,

My wife is applying for spouse dependent visa from Hyderabad India and I need the experts to help me answer this question:

As my wife's graduated from Osmania University Hyderabad and the degree is taught in English and we have received the English language certificate from the Uni. Do we still need to apply to UKNaric to verify if this degree is taught in English.

So in my case when I was applying for Tier 1 General and extensions and ILR I used just the degree taught in English but dint use any UK Naric stuff and also it was in the points calculator when i applied first time.

Please advise or share some experiences of people who applied recently for spouse visa and has been successful without going through the UK Naric stuff.

Thanks in advance

Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: {URGENT} Spouse dependent visa English language requirem

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Best not to compare the requirements for two very different visa categories.

She needs NARIC ELA or A1 English test from HO approved test provider to apply for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Poornima Venkatesh
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent visa - Spouse started new Limited company

Post by Poornima Venkatesh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi,

Had a quick question with regards to my spouse dependent visa where my husband is on ILR and has started a limited company about 9 months ago and has been receiving dividends and payslips through the company which meets over the threshold of £18600. I have seen a lot of posts about CT600 form but it doesnt apply to him yet as the company has not finished one year of its establishment to pay the corporation tax. So will the dividend voucher, payslips and personal bank statements suffice or can he submit his p45's and P60's from previous years where he was working permanent and paid all taxes.

Please advise as it shouldn't be a cause of rejection so trying to get some info before applying.

Thanks

Poornima

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts (in different topics) on same case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Poornima Venkatesh
Newly Registered

Post by Poornima Venkatesh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:59 am

Can one of expert advisors reply to this subject line "ILR Dependent visa - Spouse started new Limited company" questions above please?

Thanks

Poornima Venkatesh
Newly Registered

Post by Poornima Venkatesh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:48 am

Can the experts respond to my case please?

With regards to the financial requirement where I have started a new limited company about 11 months ago and i dont have a CT600 form yet becoz i havent finished my financial year yet to pay the corporation tax. However i am receiving salary and dividend which is over £24000.

So i am submitting:
Company establishment letter
8 months payslips, dividend certificates, accountant letter stating that this is what I have earned so far.
bank statement for 12 months
Also my IT contract letter from my agency which tells about my daily rate

Also as supporting i am giving my last 5 years employment records from HMRC which states how much taxes I have paid since last 5 years when i was permanent.

Will this be enough or should i need to submit some more documents to avoid the hassel of rejection and reppealing.

thuglife
Newly Registered

Post by thuglife » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Poornima Venkatesh wrote:Can the experts respond to my case please?

With regards to the financial requirement where I have started a new limited company about 11 months ago and i dont have a CT600 form yet becoz i havent finished my financial year yet to pay the corporation tax. However i am receiving salary and dividend which is over £24000.

So i am submitting:
Company establishment letter
8 months payslips, dividend certificates, accountant letter stating that this is what I have earned so far.
bank statement for 12 months
Also my IT contract letter from my agency which tells about my daily rate

Also as supporting i am giving my last 5 years employment records from HMRC which states how much taxes I have paid since last 5 years when i was permanent.

Will this be enough or should i need to submit some more documents to avoid the hassel of rejection and reppealing.

Hi Poornima,

I am sure by now, everything is sorted, congrats!
I am in similar position (recently moved to contracting).

(1) Please could you advise what all documents you submitted.
(2) Do we need to wait for 6 months for 6 payslips OR I can just show last 3 or less months payslips/dividend vouchers as long they cross 18600/- ? also please advise if there is any other quick way to get spouse in UK
(3) Also my wife lived with me for more than 3 years, from 2014 until 2017 in UK, she moved to India recently for maternity leave where in her dependent visa has expired.

Its so funny europeans can enter UK at their wish even though they can't speak one line of english, however we need many conditions to satisfy to bring our own spouse (despite i being british now)

Thanks in advance
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:22 pm

thuglife wrote:Hi Poornima,

I am sure by now, everything is sorted, congrats!
I am in similar position (recently moved to contracting).

(1) Please could you advise what all documents you submitted.
(2) Do we need to wait for 6 months for 6 payslips OR I can just show last 3 or less months payslips/dividend vouchers as long they cross 18600/- ? also please advise if there is any other quick way to get spouse in UK
(3) Also my wife lived with me for more than 3 years, from 2014 until 2017 in UK, she moved to India recently for maternity leave where in her dependent visa has expired.

Its so funny europeans can enter UK at their wish even though they can't speak one line of english, however we need many conditions to satisfy to bring our own spouse (despite i being british now)

Thanks in advance
Raj
Please post your questions and circumstances in your own topic rather than tagging onto another members topic. Also, kindly refrain from posting derogatory comments about EU citizens, who for information, come under completely different rules. This type of posting or abuse will not be tolerated on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.