ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Child of EEA citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stevesyjames
Greece

Passport Application Child of EEA citizen

Post by stevesyjames » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi folks, just getting together my daughter's UK passport application and had a few questions about the logistics from anyone who has done this already. She does qualify as I did acquire PR in 2014, I have established that, I just need to know how other people have gone about putting their application together.

- My Greek passport spells my name differently than my American passport (eg Stefanos as opposed to Stephen/Iakovos as opposed to James). My surname is also spelled slightly differently, although it is clearly the same name. Most of my supporting documents, including all of my P60/work payslips, use the Anglicized Stephen James, as I usually go by this name. Do I need to send both passports, or will my Greek passport be sufficient with an explanation in the cover letter?

- My daughter already has a US passport, do I need to send this along with her application?

- Seeing as I am sending off some pretty important documents, I'd feel more comfortable including a pre-paid tracked delivery envelope. No where do they indicate this is necessary, but what have other people done? Would be huge pain to have any of these documents go missing.

- If they need any clarification/additional information, do they call or write you? Or do they make you send another application with fees/etc.?

Thanks in advance for your help!

noajthan

Re: Passport Application Child of EEA citizen

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes, send daughter's uncancelled passports.

Yes, you can include pre-paid self-addressed special delivery envelope.
Remember to keep one of the little barcode stickers so you can track it back.

Look into applying via PO check and send too; they despatch bundles securely.

Yes, you may receive follow up enquiries from HMPO if there is a shortfall in application;
eg uncertainty over sponsor's status.

For names question, google HMPO names pdf
And are you following HMPO EEA treaty rights guide?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 pm

There is an option on the form where you tick that you'd like your documents returned via secure delivery and then pay £3 more.

All pretty useless in my case though, they just put the envelope with the passport and the one with the supporting docs through the door even though a signature was required.
Which I found quite shocking as the people in the other flats could have just taken them. Hope you have a better experience with their 'secure' delivery, no wonder identity fraud is rife in the UK^^
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

stevesyjames
Greece

Post by stevesyjames » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks for the input.

I have the HMPO treaty guidelines, and will be providing 5 years (2009-14) of P60s, payslips for the entire 5-year period and a letter from my employer during that time. Can throw in a few bank statements/council tax bills, though those would probably be superfluous.

Can't find any document regarding HMPO policy on names - if possible, would rather send my Greek identity document only and include an explanation of the alternative spelling of my name in the cover letter (or else just a photocopy of my US passport). Being without any documents would be uncomfortable!

I'll include the pre-paid envelope, and ask in the cover letter for them to use that when returning all of my documents. I thought I had read somewhere that the PO doesn't do check-and-send for treaty rights applications, but I can't find that information so perhaps they do. I'll check with the local PO and see.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Not sure why C&S don't handle EEA cases, they are simply first-time applications.

Can't find that doc link now as on my cellphone;
will post link later.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm