ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice regarding form c Irish nationality

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Munish 13
Newly Registered

Need advice regarding form c Irish nationality

Post by Munish 13 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi . Please I need some advice regarding form c Irish nationality . We both parents are British and living in Northern Ireland from last many years . We had baby last week and baby is eligible for Irish nationality and passport . I am completing form c and please I nervous to what all suppprting documents I need to send with the application?
Thanks very much

Munish 13
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice regarding form c Irish nationality

Post by Munish 13 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 am

Please somebody reply

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 pm

I see that the supporting documents required are clearly listed on the form you are talking about - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20C ... 02014).pdf

You might get some useful replies if you state any specific concerns/questions you have about the supporting documents.

Munish 13
Newly Registered

Post by Munish 13 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for your reply
Yeah , I need to know how many what address proof papers I can send with the application form?
Thank you

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 am

Munish 13 wrote:Hi . Please I need some advice regarding form c Irish nationality . We both parents are British and living in Northern Ireland from last many years . We had baby last week and baby is eligible for Irish nationality and passport . I am completing form c and please I nervous to what all suppprting documents I need to send with the application?
Thanks very much
So you are both British, living in Northern Ireland for many years. So I assume your child was born in Northern Ireland? If that is the case your child is Irish by birth and you can apply right away for an Irish passport. You will need to send you passport to show your British, birth certificate of child and photos etc with passport application.

See guidelines below.

A person born on the island of Ireland on or after 1 January 2005:

- is automatically an Irish citizen if he or she is not entitled to the citizenship of any other country; or
- is entitled to be an Irish citizen if at least one of his or her parents is:
an Irish citizen (or someone entitled to be an Irish citizen);
a British citizen;
a resident of the island of Ireland who is entitled to reside in either the Republic or in Northern Ireland without any time limit on that residence or
a legal resident of the island of Ireland for three out of the 4 years preceding the child's birth (although time spent as a student or as an asylum seeker does not count for this purpose).