ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa (Driving without full licence, no insurance)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

markfitzman
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa (Driving without full licence, no insurance)

Post by markfitzman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 am

Dear Sir,

I am currently doing my LLB (Hons) and in my second year. I came to London with a Tier 4 visa, and i wish to do my Barrister Program, and solely this is my main reason to be here.

On the 22 of November 2016, i had a car accident, and i was driving without a full licence, as in i had the provisional licence only and i there was no supervision when i was driving. The car wasnt insured as well.

I hit a parked car, because i tried saving a fox that suddenly came to the road.

My question is will it be a problem if i want to extent my visa for masters or even my Barrister course.
this is very important to me and trust me if something goes wrong it would kill my parents.

i would appreciate some help regarding this. please someone give me some right advice and tell me what can i do .

thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 visa (Driving without full licence, no insurance)

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

The Tier 4 application form asks if you have any criminal convictions, including traffic offences, or any pending charges. Assuming you give all the full and correct information when asked, it will not have any specific effect on your Tier 4 application. A criminal offence is not in itself a ground for mandatory or discretionary refusal of leave to remain, but it can affect an application for indefinite leave to remain.

See the Modernised Guidance on the General Grounds for Refusal for leave to remain applications: page 5 for mandatory refusals and page 24 discretionary refusals:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -to-remain

I have no idea whether this has any bearing on your chosen career plan. That is not an immigration matter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

markfitzman
Newly Registered

Post by markfitzman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Thank very much.

and one more thing. When at the time of incident the police came and they said they will call me from the station or even send me a letter to tell me whats happening. But its been almost 2 months and i havent received anything from them.
I am really worried , because i am quite sure that i have to extend my visa next year.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:13 pm

markfitzman wrote:I am really worried , because i am quite sure that i have to extend my visa next year.
Worried about what exactly? As advised, it will have no specific bearing on your upcoming Tier 4 application except you need to be honest about it when asked.

Separate from immigration, if you want to pursue what is happening with it, maybe speak to the Student Advice people at your college or university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

markfitzman
Newly Registered

Post by markfitzman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Thank you very much sir