ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will claiming child benefit affect my ILR application?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emilyneng
Newly Registered

will claiming child benefit affect my ILR application?

Post by emilyneng » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:26 pm

My ILR application (10 years long residence application is still pending at the Home Office, my child born after my application was sent. I have claimed child benefit and it has been approved (after ILR application sent). My previous visa conditions stated no public funds. I have informed child benefit department to stop child benefit, so far, only received 2 payments, also informed child benefit department that willing to pay back the money received, still waiting for a response

My questions:

1. Will claiming child benefit affecting my ILR- 10 years long residence application.
2. Do I need to write and inform Home Office that I have stopped the child benefit and I wasn’t aware and genuine mistakes that I could not claim any public funds at this point of time. I have rectified this mistake as soon as I became aware of.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: will claiming child benefit affect my ILR application?

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:18 am

You need to have settle status in order to apply for child benefit or any public funds so how was you able to get it when you were subject to immigration control?

there is question on claim form which ask something like

Are you subject to immigration control now, or have you
been at any time in the last 6 months?

what did you answered ? Yes or No

emilyneng
Newly Registered

Re: will claiming child benefit affect my ILR application?

Post by emilyneng » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 pm

I answered yes to that question. I also filled in the date of my visa expired.