ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Exceptional Talent visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bunnymoo
Newly Registered

Second Exceptional Talent visa

Post by bunnymoo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:20 am

Dear Forum,

I entered the UK with an exceptional talent visa and extended it once, but I will have stayed away from the UK for more than 180 days in 5 years so in the time I have left on the visa I can't apply for permanent residency.

I've been told that I can't extend my current exceptional talent visa another time.

I was wondering though if anyone thinks it would be possible to leave the UK and apply from abroad for a new exceptional talent visa once my extension periods run out.

Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Second Exceptional Talent visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:28 am

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-t ... -your-visa

The absence limit is 180 days per 12 month cycle not 180 days for the whole 5 years See page 15 of the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2_2016.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bunnymoo
Newly Registered

Post by bunnymoo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:33 am

THanks -- I should have said I am going to miss 180 days in the 12 month cycle. I'm not going to qualify for permanent residency so the question is whether I could leave and come back in the same way.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:42 am

Can you list a breakdown of your absences over the period based on the cycle of when you first got visa and when you would qualify for ILR. If you can split the absence into two 12 month periods then you should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bunnymoo
Newly Registered

Post by bunnymoo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks -- really I'm sure that I can't break the absences into two 12 month periods, I've tried that. I'll be absent for 8 months in one of the 12 month periods!