ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a time limit? non EEA spouse Reapplication R Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tonyandretony
Newly Registered

Is there a time limit? non EEA spouse Reapplication R Permit

Post by Tonyandretony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:26 am

Hello, I've been refused residence permit on the basis that my EEA origin wife was not exercising her treaty rights by not working.She is working now.I am planning to reapply new application.Is there a time limit before I must apply after getting refusal letter?

noajthan

Re: Is there a time limit? non EEA spouse Reapplication R Pe

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:52 am

No.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tonyandretony
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyandretony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Thank you very much.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Tonyandretony wrote:Thank you very much.
Simply address each of the refusal points and back your case with good documentary supporting evidence.
Good luck.

Tonyandretony
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyandretony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks a lot, will.I was concerned because I called a solicitor who gave me free advice on phone but he said I have 14 days to appeal and 28 days after this 14 days to reply.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Tonyandretony wrote:Thanks a lot, will.I was concerned because I called a solicitor who gave me free advice on phone but he said I have 14 days to appeal and 28 days after this 14 days to reply.
Are you talking about a residence card application or a family permit application?

Where are you (which country)?
What is your current status?
What is your sponsor doing?

If in UK with an EEA sponsor who is a qualified person, a RC for a direct family member (eg you as a spouse) is optional.
You may apply as and when you wish (and are when you are ready with evidence).

Tonyandretony
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyandretony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Its residence card application I am talking about.I am In Manchester, UK.I came to UK with my wife who is from Slovakia, I am from India.We both are Doctors but my wife is working as a carer as she needs passing English exam before she can work in the UK as a doctor.I need to pass three exams before I can work as a doctor, out of which I have passed 2 exams.My wife's current employer is very difficult and is giving hard time to her.My wife has already got new job offer but I wanted her to leave the old job and we apply with the new employer in our application.My concerns are; will it be late for us if we wait for few salary slips and If changing jobs will work against us.
Thank you for helping

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Tonyandretony wrote:Its residence card application I am talking about.I am In Manchester, UK.I came to UK with my wife who is from Slovakia, I am from India.We both are Doctors but my wife is working as a carer as she needs passing English exam before she can work in the UK as a doctor.I need to pass three exams before I can work as a doctor, out of which I have passed 2 exams.My wife's current employer is very difficult and is giving hard time to her.My wife has already got new job offer but I wanted her to leave the old job and we apply with the new employer in our application.My concerns are; will it be late for us if we wait for few salary slips and If changing jobs will work against us.
Thank you for helping
You may apply as and when you wish (and when you are ready with adequate supporting evidence).
No harm in waiting as your sponsor is a qualified person (ie in EU context not educational/medical context).

Tonyandretony
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyandretony » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Thank you very much